Chapter Fifty-Five: Speak Now

WARNING!!!! Well... Urm... this chapter... it might... affect quite a lot of you in quite a certain way... But um... the next chapter will make everything absolutely perfect again. 

I ignored Dani’s confused stares as my mum ordered everyone to get into position, Dani and El standing in front of me, but Dani continued with her looks behind to me, even as the music began and Kendall and Kylie began walking down the aisle.

“What are you doing?” Dani mouths to me.

“I’m getting married.” I mouth back, and then nod my head, signalling to her that she needs to start walking down the aisle.

I clutch my dad’s arm, walking down, people turning to watch me, but I keep my face straight ahead, watching El’s back as she walks forward, matching her pace down the aisle. I can’t look at Rob just yet, because now there’s no turning back, there’s no going back to Niall anymore.

There was Rob standing at the altar, wearing a smile that made the whole room smile, my mother was sat holding hands with Kris, who was leaning her head on Bruce’s shoulder. Rob’s friend, Matt stood beside Rob, watching me in anticipation, and I held onto my dad as Dani walked in front of me, never once taking a look back at me. As I reached the altar finally, my dad raised the veil above my head, and over my hair, kissing my cheek and sitting beside my mum, immediately holding her hand, watching their baby girl get married.

My best friends were sat in a row behind our families, Harry, El, Zayn, Perrie, Louis and Liam all occupied a row together. Dani grimaced as we locked eyes.

“You okay?” Rob mouths, and I nod, but then I realised.

All I want is to be stood opposite Niall. Why did those few words convince me that this was the right decision? This wasn’t the right decision at all! All I want is Niall to run through those doors shouting  his protests to the marriage, and I could grab onto his hand and we could run away together.

“Please be seated.” The people there to witness our wedding sat down, and I could already hear a sob from my mum, I was finally getting married. To her, that was a good thing, my marriage to Rob.

“Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to perform the holy act of marriage for Robert Kardashian and Lennox Byrnes. Who gives this woman to be wed?” My dad stands,

“I do.” The priest nods, and turns back to his bible. I bite my lip, watching the camera man video us all. Everyone was watching this. Niall might be watching this.

“Now, Robert and Lennox have decided to write their own vows for this occasion. Robert?” Rob turns to me, taking my hand.

“Wow. Can I just say, you look beautiful in that dress?” I blush and bite my lip. “Lenno, when I met you, the first thing I noticed about you was your tattoo, the birds on your shoulder, and even though back then you were a famous singer with a boyfriend, my mind always went back to those first few moments I spent with you. You captivate me with your carefree attitude, the way you want to please everyone around you, your fans, your family, your friends, you’re amazing. You treat every day to be the best day in the world, and now that we’re getting married, we can both live the rest of our lives together, treating everyday like our last.”

What am I doing? Why am I marrying Rob when everything is screaming at me to go to Niall. “I love you baby, and I wanna spend the rest of my life with you.”

“Lennox?” The priest questions, and I plaster a smile on my face. Niall will be here, don’t lose faith in him.

“I love you Rob. I swear, this whole relationship is like out of a movie, some people are saying that we shouldn’t be together, but I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you. After all this shit we’ve- Oh crap I didn’t meant to swear!” I facepalm, the guests all erupting into laughter, my cheeks feeling on fire as they burn in embarrassment. “What I mean is, we trust each other, and the trust you give me changes everything between us. It makes me understand that we should be together.” I laugh again “Anyway, after everything seems bad and low for me, there you were, the guy who ordered me a cocktail on our second date when all I wanted was a pint of beer. And you’ve protected me, and even though it’s been less than a year, I know that I have to be with you.” Not Niall. “I love you Rob, and  I just... can’t wait until I get to become your wife.”