Barbatos X Reader V

Barbatos' chapter is finally here! Thank you helloitiisi for your suggestion. We're reaching the final chapter for this today's theme. What animal should we go for?

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

Wrinkles formed between your eyebrows as you opened your eyelids, only to squint immediately. After your sight adjusted to the lights, you studied your surroundings. The area was unfamiliar yet the interior design was exquisite. Furthermore, the bed you were resting on was so fluffy and comfortable. Whoever was the owner of this room certainly had impressive tastes.

On cue, the door opened with a click then Barbatos stepped inside with a tray on-hand. His soothing voice declared smoothly once he saw that you were conscious. "You're awake."

Swiftly, the demon butler placed the small tray on the bedside table and helped you sit up. Instantaneously, he took a seat on the edge of the mattress. "How are you feeling?"

As if answering his query, your fingers massaged your temples, feeling an incoming pounding headache. A fever? It was not possible since rather than your temperature rising, it was dropping rapidly. Additionally, your mouth was continuously secreting excess saliva. Dread consumed your entire being when your tongue accidentally brushed against your unusually sharpened canine.

"Are you alright, MC?" Barbatos repeated when you did not utter a single word.

"What happened?"

The demon was taken aback for a second before immediately regaining his composure. "You don't remember? You fainted after eating biscuits made by Solomon."

You need not to investigate the cause for your collapse after hearing the cursed wizard's name. Instead, you raised other questions. "How long was I out? Where's Solomon?"

"You were unconscious for a couple of hours. Solomon had to leave because of urgent matters." More like fled the crime scene.

The demon grabbed the mug on top of the tray then stated. "I observed that you were rubbing your head. This beverage can help soothe body aches and cure minimal illnesses."

A strong stench overwhelmed your senses as soon as the mug was in your hands. The liquid was clear with a greenish tint. You guessed whether it was herbal medicine or standard green tea. Under Barbatos' scrutinizing gaze, you could not afford to waste any more time. With a shrug, you gulped the drink in a single shot. The demon's eyes were wide open when you finished everything in second.

"What?" You questioned warily.

"I'm surprised that you could drink something so bitter. Even Beelzebub has trouble digesting that." Barbatos explained before returning the empty mug on the table.

You smacked your lips together, reliving the taste of the beverage. Now that you think about it, the medicine was far from bitter. If anything, it was tasteless. Once again, you entertained the idea of having a fever or cold.

"Well, what matters is that you drank the medicine. It's past 12. Are you hungry?" The demon inquired.

Involuntarily, you reached out towards Barbatos and grasped his wrist. Despite the sudden skin contact, the demon remained cool and collected. "Is something the matter, MC?"

Instead of responding, you shuffled closer with your eyes focused onto the unsuspecting creature. The demon's posture remained straight yet relaxed even as you approached and invaded his comfort zone.

Barbatos' tone was unfazed and indifferent while speaking, watching your every move. "Although I am not disturbed by your presence, I do treasure my privacy and would appreciate some space."

It was a subtle warning and yet you were undeterred in your pursuit. Unfortunately, it only provoked you to move hastily. Barbatos' prized personal space was mercilessly obliterated as you wrapped your limbs around his lean body. Due to his slim build, it was quite easy to embrace him. After accomplishing the first stage, you applied strength in all your joints. By then you were squeezing the life out of Barbatos, according to your observations.

"Let me go, MC." The demon warned, letting his irritation slip through his apathetic mask.

Even though his body was frozen like a statue, you knew that your physical prowess alone was not enough to subdue the powerful demon. In a state of panic, you searched for any weak spots before settling on his thin pale neck. Soon, you exposed your teeth then bit hardly onto his skin. Simultaneously, Barbatos released a sigh, unperturbed by the turn of events.

Out of the blue, a blunt force hit the back of your neck. You instantly blacked out and dropped onto the bed.

☆☆☆

Your eyelids fluttered open and found Lord Diavolo and his assistant at your side. A sense of deja vu filled your head after checking your environment. You were still in Barbatos' room, lying on his bed. Was it a dream?

"Are you okay, MC? Does it hurt anywhere?" Diavolo asked worriedly.

"My neck is kinda stiff. What happened?" You questioned.

"You collapsed after eating Solomon's biscuits. We only found out a while ago that he accidentally spilled a snake shape-shifting potion into the snacks. Thankfully, it was only a little otherwise, you would have been turned into a reptile. Barbatos filled me in with the rest of the details." Diavolo narrated then faced his butler. "Now Barb, apologize to MC. You knew she was intoxicated and yet you hit her."

The demon butler complied automatically. "Pardon my rudeness towards milady."

Upon witnessing Barbatos' 90 degree bow, you waved your hands fervently. "No no. Don't apologize. If anything, I'm the one that should be sorry for attacking you. I was out of my mind."

"It's alright. No harm done." The demon butler smiled with narrowed eyes in slits, sending a shiver down your spine.

"Wonderful." Diavolo chimed in. "Rest up, MC. Lucifer will fetch you in while."

After ensuring your condition, the demon prince exited the room promptly, leaving you with his assistant. A grin was plastered onto his cold face as he muttered. "Sleep well, MC."

Even as the demon butler left the room, you were scared out of your wits. Note to self: Never get too close with Barbatos unless you are asking for a death wish.