Mammon X Reader VI

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

"I'm so so sorry, MC!" Mammon wailed, endless tears gushing out of his eyes. "It's all my fault! Please don't die."

Having enough of the incessant sobbing, Lucifer slapped the back of Mammon's head. "Stop being overdramatic. She won't die from a sprain."

"It's a good thing that it was only a sprain." Satan added. "You're one tough cookie after falling down the stairs."

"Ha ha...I'm grateful that Beel was there to catch me." You lightly joked.

"Hmm~" Beelzebub hummed in response while chewing on his 10th breakfast.

"Anyway, this should be a lesson to all of you to stop horsing around." Lucifer warned, eyeing Mammon and Leviathan. "Especially you two."

On cue, both troublemakers flinched visibly once called out then dropped their shoulders in shame. What a pity. It was an accident after all. While the duo were engaged in their daily shenanigans, Leviathan was chasing Mammon along the hallways akin to a loan shark. Simultaneously, you were ascending the stairs with Beelzebub in tow. One harsh bump was enough to lose your balance.

As mentioned by Satan, you only obtained a sprain by twisting your ankle. Fortunately, there was no swelling due to Satan's quick thinking and first aid for a torn ligament. Meanwhile, with Mammon making a big deal out of it, it seemed like you broke all your limbs and were bleeding out exceedingly. Might as well be on your deathbed with his overreaction.

"It may only be a sprain, but I think it's going to be tough for MC to move around." Satan pointed out, studying your wounded ankle.

Out of the blue, Mammon shot up with his right arm raised, much like an overly-cooperative and exemplary student would during class recitation. "I'll do it! I'll help her out in anything and everything."

Despite the Avatar of Greed enthusiasm to assist, his brothers merely cocked an eyebrow, doubting his capabilities. A demon who did more bad than good nursing a human back to health was definitely not an ideal situation. Still, you had a soft spot for the sweet bean who only hoped to make it up to you.

"I think that's a good idea. Since he's my guardian, he's always by side anyway. It all works out." You affirmed.

It was clear as day that the demon brothers were conflicted with your opinions. Nevertheless, you consented to it, so they kept their mouths shut. Mammon, on the other hand, was beaming with joy for finally being useful.

☆☆☆

Unfortunately, you regretted your decision few days later. Although you appreciated Mammon's intentions, he took his role way too seriously. Who would have known that the Avatar of Greed was capable of being this responsible?

At the present, you were changing classrooms for the next period. Before you could even stand up, Mammon would appear out of thin air, grabbing your stuff and lifting your body. The embarrassment never diminished as Mammon bridal-carried you through the corridors, garnering attention from passerbys.

"Seriously Mammon, let me down. I can still walk y'know. Everyone's looking at us." You scolded.

The demon shook his head defiantly. "Nope. Satan said not to exert your ankle. I also know that you can walk but it's gonna take you forever with your current pace. And lastly, your welfare is more important than their opinions."

You tried to disagree but all his words were true. There was actually a day where Mammon can beat you in a verbal argument. Since when did he become smart? Secretly though, you were swooning inside after seeing an unexpected side to the notorious creature.

Is it just me or is he more attractive than usual?

☆☆☆

It was lunch break and your group, consisting of you, Simeon, and Luke, were lounging in the cafeteria. Naturally, Mammon was also present as your caretaker and took it upon himself to order your food.

"I'm glad you're fine, MC." Luke chattered. "I thought something happened when I saw you limping. If there's anything you need, don't be afraid to tell me."

"Well, I don't think there's any need for that." Simeon muttered, eyeing a certain individual.

Before Luke could question the angel, Mammon returned with a tray packed with dishes. "Eat well, MC."

"That's too much, Mammon. I can't eat them all." You complained.

Mammon replied just as quickly. "You have to. I researched that it is best to be well-fed while healing from an injury."

"Still, I won't be able to finish this."

"Okay okay. Just eat as much as you can." Mammon gave in then took a spoonful of viand, placing it near your lips.

You gazed at the utensil questioningly. "What are you doing?"

"I'm feeding you." He said, as a matter of fact.

"Wha-my hands work just fine. Give it to me." You reached for the spoon but Mammon's reflexes were too rapid. Again, he beckoned for you to eat it.

"Come on. Say ahh."

Rather than entertaining his whims, you frowned in rebellion. Sensing that you were not obeying, the demon scrunched up his eyebrows and puckered his lips into a pout. "Please, MC. It's my fault you got a sprain. Let me take care of you."

After some minimal pestering, you reluctantly opened your mouth and took a bite, all the while blushing furiously. A huge grin was plastered onto the demon's face whilst you were chewing.

I'm the sick one here, yet why does it seem like he's the one getting pampered? Am I spoiling him by letting him spoil me? Whatever, I'll let him be since he looks so happy.

☆☆☆☆☆

Hiyaa~it's me Mikorin. Finally posted a new chapter. Got the inspiration when I also got a sprain during highschool. I remember limping in the hallways in school. It was a funny experience because I was treated like a dying patient when I only had a torn ligament. Well, it was probably because I made such a big deal out of it. I was a drama queen (still am). Where was my Mammon during those times??? (ಥ﹏ಥ)