Beelzebub X Reader III

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

"Um...are you looking for someone?"

You glanced towards the student and laughed to hide your embarrassment. Apparently, you might have been standing by the door for a suspicious amount of time. "Oh, yes. I'm looking for Beelzebub. Have you seen him?"

It was lunch time, and you came to his classroom to pick him up. Weeks already passed by since Beelzebub started attending your school as an exchange student. Unfortunately, he was assigned to a different class and only had little time to hang out with you. Thus, both of you promised to eat together during recess. Although you wished to spend every minute with him, you had to make do with what you had.

"The exchange student?" An unfathomable expression passed through the student's face, curiosity perhaps. Nonetheless, you paid it no mind. "I think he went to the cafeteria."

"Is that so? Thank you." You waved your hand and turned on your heel, making your way towards the canteen.

"Hey, wait!" The student suddenly called out, preventing you from leaving. "Is it true?"

"What is?"

"You know..." The student urged with a softer voice, as if she were sharing a secret. "You studied in Devildom so you must know. Is it true that Beelzebub has to be fed all the time or he might go on a rampage? I heard that he also eats humans to satiate his hunger."

"Where did you hear that?" She's not wrong about having to eat all the time. Beel is the Avatar of Gluttony after all. However, feeding on humans is so over the top. Sure, he threatened that he was going to eat me whenever he got hungry, but he would never do such a thing, I think.

"The other exchange students had been calling him the Avatar of Gluttony. There must be some reason why he has such a title." The student continued and listed other outrageous rumors surrounding Beelzebub. "The admin are worried because he's always emptying the pantry. They have to keep his stomach full or else he might come after the students. Doesn't he know that food is wasted on him? It's also hard to concentrate in class because his stomach keeps rumbling."

Having heard enough, you burst out. "That's enough! None of them are true. Beel is a good kid. And if I hear another word about this, you'll be answering to me."

The student clamped her mouth shut after your warning. Thereafter, you headed towards the cafeteria where your friend might be waiting.

As soon as you stepped foot into the canteen, your eyes scanned the area, searching for a head with orange strands. You finally spotted his lonely wide back situated at the far end corner of the cafeteria with a whole table all to himself. As you walked towards him, you noticed how everyone subtly avoided getting close to his seat. It was heartbreaking to see the whole school villainizing your precious friend.

With a smile, you plopped on the chair right next to Beelzebub. "So, this is where you were. I've been looking for you."

"I'm sorry. I forgot to contact you."

"It's okay. It's nice to try eating at different places. Why did you suddenly want to eat here instead of your classroom?"

"I was making my classmates uncomfortable. I only noticed now how uneasy they were around me, so I thought to, at least, let them relax during break time."

Out of the blue, you hugged his side, contemplating how someone as caring as Beelzebub could be terrifying. It's understandable that his figure was quite intimidating due to his height and huge muscles. However, no matter how hard his exterior was, he was a softie on the inside who puts always puts his family first.

"MC? Is something the matter?" Beelzebub questioned your sudden actions.

"Nothing. Just being sentimental." You replied and rubbed your head onto his arm. What monster? Can't anyone see he's just a giant teddy bear?

As if reading your thoughts, Beelzebub ruffled your hair while stating. "Don't worry about me. I'm doing fine."

You pulled back and proclaimed exasperatedly. "Aren't you lonely? Were you even able to make friends?"

"I did." He beamed then patted your head. "It's you."

"Aside from me." You whined which fortunately made Beelzebub laugh. Still, you pressed on. "Did you at least get to know one of your classmates?"

In contrast to how upset you were about the situation, Beelzebub remained unperturbed. "I think it's best not to force it. It's best to takes things slow and let facts speak for themselves. After all, I have the whole year to let others know more about me and hopefully become friends."

"But..." You trailed off.

"Hey, MC, do you remember when we started getting close? At first, I was wary of you because we all knew how fragile a human was and I had no intention of becoming your personal assistant. I've had those thoughts for a while, so I pretty much ignored you. I can understand why people are guarded around strangers, especially something that they're not familiar with. I will never forget the day we finally became friends. I still remember how you stood up for me in front of Lucifer even though it could cost you your life."

"Naturally!" You voiced out. "Why should you be punished for helping someone?"

"That's what I like about you. But you see, I only let you in because I learned that you were a good person. What I'm trying to say is I won't hold it against anyone if they can't get along with me. In the end, it's their choice if they would want to be friends with me after they learn more about me."

You sighed. Beelzebub was right. However, the rumors were circulating at an insane pace and there were no signs of dying out soon. "It can't be helped. As your best friend, I will watch over you and make sure that you won't feel too lonely."

"Haha. Thank you very much."