Asmodeus X Reader I

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

The piercing sound of your phone woke you up from your deep slumber. You turned off the alarm instantly and debated whether to return back to sleep. You decided against it and forced yourself to get out of bed.

There was a reason why you set up an alarm even though it was the weekend. Normally, you took this opportunity to sleep as long you would like until one of the demon brothers had to drag you out of bed. Today was different. Today was special. It was Asmodeus' birthday and you had planned a surprise for him. Waking up at 5 in the morning was the first step. Asmodeus was an early bird so you had to prepare his breakfast before he gets out of bed.

At that moment, other residents were still passed out and would usually be up by 6:30 or 7. Therefore, you would be the only person bustling around at this time. After dressing up, you hurried over to the kitchen and prepared all the ingredients. The dish you planned to serve was pancakes. You were aware that Asmodeus was particular about his beauty routine and strict diet. Thus, you chose a recipe that he would be willing to consume.

As you cracked open the eggs and whisked it with the pancake mix, you heard someone enter the kitchen. "MC? You're up early." You froze at the familiar voice of the birthday boy. Half an hour just passed, why is he up so early?

As you continued mixing the ingredients, Asmodeus approached you and examined your schemes. He was suspicious of your sudden urge to wake up early and prepare breakfast, wondering what could have possibly motivated you. After a while, he realized your ulterior motives and a wide smile was etched on his face. Out of the blue, his arms were wrapped around your waist. You fidgeted, your hands still on the counter. "What are you doing Asmo? I can't cook like this."

"Can't help it. MC is too cute." He muttered then buried his face on the curve of your neck, his hair tickling you. You blushed and shyly admitted. "I can't cook your breakfast if you're going to continue hugging me."

Thankfully, Asmodeus obliged and stepped aside. Then, he suggested. "Since I can't hug you, let me watch you cook. This is the first time you'll be cooking for me."

You giggled at the sight of his excitement and allowed him to fulfill his wishes. At the sidelines, Asmodeus watched you cook the pancakes then stack them up on a plate. Afterwards, you poured pancake syrup and placed butter on top with a handful of strawberries and blueberries. With finishing touches, you decorated the plate with the remaining fruits. Before handing the dish to Asmodeus, you grabbed the yoghurt from the fridge, which was luckily remained untouched by Beelzebub.

You set the dish on the kitchen island and Asmodeus marveled at your creation. "The pancakes look so fluffy and cute. I love it."

You gestured for him to try it. "Well, go on. Have a taste." Still, Asmodeus shoved his hand into his pocket and revealed his phone. "Before that, let me take a picture. I want to post it on Devilgram."

You shook your head at Asmodeus' silliness but was amused by him, nonetheless. Suddenly, he grasped your arm and pulled you next to him. Asmodeus quickly raised his phone then commanded, "Smile.", before taking the shot. You observed as he posted the photos of the pancakes and you two on Devilgram. His caption was 'Blessed to spend my birthday with my sweetheart ♡ i love you MC'

You took the seat next to him and ordered Asmodeus to eat the pancakes already. He laughed at your impatience but complied anyway. "This is really good MC. Here, taste it." He complimented then spoon-fed you. "Ooh, it's sweet." You remarked.

"The way I like it." He stated before leaning in and giving you a peck on the lips. "Just like you."

You covered your lips then softly said. "Happy birthday Asmo."

"Thank you, sweetheart~♡"