Lucifer X Reader III

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

It had officially been a year since you finished the exchange student program and returned to the human realm. Due to its success, another exchange program was guaranteed between the three realms and more seats were opened. War broke out among the demon brothers to determine which of them will be sent. Naturally, the strongest with the highest position would be the champion.

"Honestly, I expected Mammon or Belphie to come." You admitted while strutting in the hallway. "I'm surprised Diavolo allowed you to leave his side for a year."

The academic year began smoothly, and the exchange students were welcomed instantly afterwards. You were taken aback to find Lucifer stepping through the portal. Nonetheless, you jumped towards his arms and squeezed the life out of him.

"He needs someone reliable to watch over the other students." Lucifer clarified.

"That wasn't implemented before. Isn't it because you missed me?" You teased which earned a tiny blush on Lucifer's cheeks. Apparently, you hit the nail right on its head.

"What are you talking about? It's extra precaution." He defended rather too seriously. "Anyway, are you my guide?"

"Why? Do you want me to be?"

This time, Lucifer was not amused, based on the furrows between his eyebrows from his blazing red eyes. Pushing his buttons any further would cause hell to break loose in the campus. It would be a waste if he spends the rest of his first day with a foul mood. Instantly, you raised your hands in surrender. "Sorry. Sorry. Yes, I'm your guide. Since we were well-acquainted in Devildom, I was chosen as your guide."

Thankfully, Lucifer stopped glaring and returned to his composed self. "Is that so? Then, what's next on the schedule?"

"After the general tour around the campus, I was assigned to show you around the senior year building where you're going to spend your time mostly."

"Are we in the same class?"

"Uh-huh. We're in section Marie Curie."

"Marie Curie? That's the name of our class section?"

"Yep. In this school, the classes are named after well-known scholars from different fields."

"That's interesting. In a way, it's a way of preserving their legacies. I should take note of that."

☆☆☆

After a long day of strolling around the academy, the exchange students were thrown a welcome party. A variety of dishes were prepared as introduction to human culture. Both exchange students and their guides also participated in games and fun activities to promote camaraderie, though Lucifer was the most reluctant. Despite his repetitive complaints, whichever team Lucifer was on, they would always emerge victorious.

Currently, the pupils were split into two teams. The next event was the Paper Kiss game that was the latest fad among teenagers. It involves passing pieces of papers between teammates through their lips only. After the mechanics were explained, Lucifer was furious seeing you in the opposing team. He immediately dragged you into his team and pushed his own teammate out in exchange.

"What are you doing, Lucifer?!" You exclaimed, shaking his firm grip on your wrist.

"I'm putting you on my team. I won't let you kiss another man in front of me." Lucifer declared and placed you at the end of the line.

"You're being ridiculous. It's just a game. Besides, there's paper in between so it's not like we're really going to kiss."

"I'm not taking any chances."

"Um...if you're not comfortable, you don't have to join." Another human student cut in. "We can rearrange the teams."

"Perfect. Then, we're sitting this one out." Lucifer proclaimed and hauled you over to the side without your permission.

Without any more interruptions, the game began, and noise erupted in the room as each team member cheered. On the other hand, you were brooding in silence. Lucifer did not pay it any attention but caved in after a while. "Are you that angry?"

"I'm not." You replied curtly and avoided his eyes.

"You are. If you wanted to kiss someone so badly, I'm right here. I'll kiss you as much as you want. I'll shower you with kisses to make up for the months we were apart."

You faced him and snapped. "Idiot. Just admit that you're irritable because you missed me."

"That's right. I did miss you a lot and I would very much prefer to be alone with you right now than be in this boring party."

Little did you know that your bickering was resounding in the whole room and the group were forced to listen to your lover's squat. Having enough of your public display of affection, both of you were thrown out of the room. "Take your lover's quarrel somewhere else."

"Look at that. Your wishes were granted." You remarked. "Where do you want to go?"

"Well, where do you go for after school dates?"

Lucifer's words brought a smile on your face. After all, you missed Lucifer as much as he missed you. Then, you hugged his arm and suggested excitedly. "We could go to a karaoke or an arcade. Or we could go to an aquarium or museum, but I think it's likely closed at this time."

"Why not the library? We could study in advance."

"Ehh..." You whined. "I don't want a study date. Classes hasn't even started yet."

Lucifer chuckled due to how childish you were acting. "Alright alright. Let's go to an arcade. But before that."

All of a sudden, he leaned in and gave your lips a good kiss. After pulling away, he stated. "I've been wanting to do that since I came here."

You snaked your arms around his waist and beamed. "I love you."

"I love you too."