Diavolo X Reader V

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

The scenery flashed before you, images appearing one moment before vanishing in a second. If you were to describe it, it was akin to being inside a race car, zooming past the speed limit. The wind was relentless as it enveloped your face and carried your hair behind. It was quite an exhilarating experience. You had never ridden a race car but this was what you imagined it to be like.

In reality though, you were not inside a certain vehicle or ride in that manner. You were merely running on foot throughout the corridors of the Royal Academy of Diavolo. However, with the rate you were going, you might as well be driving a Ferrari.

"MC! Stop right there!" A deep voice resonated behind you.

Without having to look back, you immediately knew it was Lucifer, probably about to blow off his top. Nonetheless, your legs did not stop and, in fact, increased its velocity. You were already caught running in the hallways; hence, what was the point in stopping if you were going to be scolded either way?

Out of nowhere, a bulky figure entered your line of sight. Due to its size, there was no point in dodging and attempted to hit the brakes. Unfortunately, with the rate you were going, you were bound to crash into them. You mentally expressed your apologies before potentially hurting the oblivious victim. Meters away, you shut your eyelids and braced for the impact.

Unexpectedly, rather than a tumbling to the ground, what you seemed to hit was an impenetrable and unyielding wall with a bouncy surface ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Nevertheless, due to the force, air was knocked out of your lungs and wondered if you broke your nose. Suppressing the stinging sensation on your face, you raised your head and looked into a familiar pair of warm amber irises.

"Are you okay, MC? You know it's dangerous to run in the hallways?" Diavolo muttered worriedly, a hint of amusement in his tone.

"I know. I'm sorry." You replied regretfully, quite a contrast with your reaction to the student body vice president. Quickly, you dropped your head in shame and accidentally bumped into the demon's chest again. Instantly, you realized that you were too close for your own good.

Before you could step away, Diavolo's bulging arms wrapped your body, unknowingly squeezing you in the process. Once again, your face was buried into his firm yet soft pecs. Although it was futile, you pushed him away countless times. Sadly, the demon prince was unfazed thus, you had no choice but to be squished to death.

Simultaneously, you could feel his torso vibrate as he spoke curiously. "I only noticed this now but, what's this on your head, MC?"

Your brows furrowed in confusion. There's something on my head? Is he talking about my hair?

As if sensing your mental pondering, Diavolo clarified by touching the foreign object. You jolted at the abrupt contact. Whatever he was talking about was attached to your body, baffling you all the more. The demon was not helping at all as he continued fiddling with it.

"Stop, it tickles." You mumbled timidly.

Thankfully, Diavolo ceased his actions and released you from his embrace. Instead of repercussion, a grin was plastered on his face as he apologized. "Sorry. They just looked so cute."

This time, you tapped your head and felt something. Cotton? No, is that fur? Out of thin air, Diavolo procured a mirror and placed it in front of you.

"Wha..." You gaped blankly.

"I can tell from your expression that you have no idea how they could have transpired." Diavolo mused, having fun at your expense. You paid no heed to his joke and went to state of panic. I've grown an extra pair of furry ears! There's something wrong with my eyes too. My pupils are way too constricted and sharply narrowed in slits. Much like a—

"Feline." Diavolo chimed in. "They're not cat ears. They're rounded so I'm guessing lion or tiger. Well, perhaps it's a jaguar or panther since your ears are black. So is your tail."

Tail?! After checking, there was indeed a tail connected at the end of your spine, swinging leisurely. No way. Am I turning into a animal? Am I what you call a werecat? I thought they were mythical creatures, together with vampires, fairies, and elves. No wonder I could suddenly run as fast as a Ferrari. When was I ever that physically talented?

Your train of thought was interrupted after another addition to the group. "There you are, MC. A mere human like you dared to disobey my orders. You better be prepared for the consequences for breaking the rules of this esteemed institution."

Unconsciously, a low growl erupted in your throat at Lucifer's irritating and threatening voice. Due to your heightened instinct, you sensed danger radiating from the Avatar of Pride and shifted into an offensive stance. Your bright eyes glowered towards your opponent while exposing your sharpened canines.

Lucifer cocked an eyebrow. "What's with that look? You really think you can defeat me? The eldest of the demon brothers, one of the most powerful demons in Devildom, the Avatar of Pride, Lucifer."

At that moment, Diavolo intervened and raised his both of his hands between you. "Alright. That's enough. Lucifer stop provoking MC. We all know what the outcome of this fight."

At the demon lord's command, Lucifer automatically backed down and regained his composure. You, on the other hand, was unsatisfied and was more than ready to go to war. Glaring at Diavolo's extended hand, you pounced without warning.

"Diavolo!" Lucifer shouted.

Compared to Lucifer's shock, Diavolo was calm as he witnessed you biting his fingers. "No, bad MC. You can't bite people."

In response, you hissed and sunk your teeth deeper into his flesh. The demon lord sighed before petting the top of your head. "Looks like we have a lot of training to do."