Solomon X Reader VI

Hey guys! I caught a cold. I know, what a good way to start off this oneshot. My nose is so congested that I can't breathe. Out of nowhere, an idea popped into my head during nighttime (since I can't sleep). Perfect timing. In this situation, how would my husbando nurse me back to health? Feel free to take some notes if you are having a cold too. (Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, these are just home remedies that works for me.)

What do you or your family do when you have a cold? I'm curious.

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

A slight groan escaped your lips upon rising out of bed. It was clear that you were feeling under the weather. Your joints were sore  and your throat was itchy and dry. The pitiful you had unfortunately caught a mild case of the common cold. It was no wonder why you woke up early against your will. Your nose was congested, obstructing your airway. On instinct, you reached for the tissue box atop your bedside table and blew your nose.

"You okay, sweetie?"

Hearing the rugged voice of your beloved, you looked down on Solomon, apparently awoken by the sound. He let out a huge yawn.

You shook your head and wiped your face. "I got a cold and I can't breathe."

Consequently, the wizard sat up and placed his hand on your head, measuring your temperature. "You don't seem to have a fever."

Thereafter, he led you into the kitchen and filled the electric kettle with water. A digital thermometer was handed to you, for accurate measurement, and a glass of lukewarm water. While waiting, Solomon rummaged through the medicine box, searching for medicines for colds. After finding the capsules, he moved onto the refrigerator, grabbing a lemon (A/N: Sometimes, we use calamansi.) and honey.

It was a typical occurrence for you to catch a cold during the rainy season. Thus, Solomon was accustomed to nursing you during these events. Much like an expert, your husband sliced the lemon and squeezed its citrus juice onto a mug obtained from the drawer. On cue, the kettle finished boiling the water and was poured into the mug. Lastly, two tablespoons of honey were mixed into the drink, just the way you wanted it.

"Be careful. It's hot." Solomon warned while giving the beverage. "You can't drink the medicine on an empty stomach so what would you like to eat for breakfast?"

"Just order takeout. I can't have you ruining my kitchen." You declared before taking small sip from the mug. The drink burned your tongue yet soothed your throat and blocked airways. It was a repeated process of pain and relief.

"Gotcha." The wizard affirmed and took out his phone, placing an order for a healthy meal and warm soup. "Ah I forgot. How's your temperature?"

You displayed the thermometer, the numbers 36.1 degree celsius evident on the screen. No fever, just a cold. Putting away the device, Solomon rubbed your arms and shoulders, inquiring softly. "Are you cold? Uncomfortable anywhere?"

"I'm not cold. But my face is numb and my head hurts from blowing my nose." You iterated, thoroughly enjoying the free massage and warm cup of drink.

"If you blow your nose so hard, naturally it would hurt your head. I'll go wet a hand towel to alleviate the pain." You watched as the wizard exited the kitchen and heard the faucet running from the bathroom. Swiftly, he appeared by your side and wiped your forehead with a warm damp towel. You hummed in satisfaction.

Taking advantage of the serene atmosphere, Solomon gently combed your unruly strands with his fingers. Similar to how you instructed him numerous times before, he fixed your hair into a neat braid. The wizard still needed some practice but there was major improvement to how he did previously.

Half an hour later, the food delivery finally arrived. Your husband did all the preparation, leaving you to sit idly on the kitchen island. Your eyes sparkled at the sight the sandwiches that Solomon ordered. To accompany your meal was a fresh hot mushroom soup. After breakfast, you drank the cold medicine and your daily vitamin c.

"Remember to hydrate yourself. You always forget to drink water." The wizard announced, filling a bottle with lukewarm water, in the case you that were lazy to grab a glass of water. (A/N: Ngl, this is so me. You heard him, drink your water b~)

Without any of your assistance, the wizard collected the dishes and washed them by himself. All the while, he listed stuff to keep in mind. "There are tangerines in the fridge, so make sure to eat those. Don't bother cooking, just order delivery. Better yet, don't move around too much today. However, don't lock yourself up in the room and sit out under the sunlight. Get some fresh air. If your throat starts acting out again, just drink tea or the honey lemon."

A momentary break from Solomon's nagging ensued while he took a shower. Soon, he resumed with his ramblings as soon as he got out of the bathroom and dressed up. "You're off work today so be sure to rest. Don't stress yourself out. I'll buy some more fruits on the way home. Call me anytime you need me."

By the end of his speech, both of you were in the entryway. Your husband was suited up for work and ready to leave. As a part of your everyday routine, Solomon leaned down for a goodbye kiss. This time, he stealthily missed your lips and kissed your cheeks, preventing him from catching the cold.

The wizard caressed your face lovingly and smiled. "I'll be back soon. Take care of yourself."

Once your husband left, you returned to your residence and rested for the day.