Belphegor X Reader II

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

It was already late in the evening and the residents of the House of Lamentation have retired to their respective quarters, preparing for a good night's rest. Similarly, you were settled cozily in your bed, flipping through the pages of a book that Satan lent you. Reading was relaxing and would serve as your sleeping pill. It would be perfect if you had a cup of chamomile tea to accompany the peaceful atmosphere, but you could not find any in the kitchen. You made a mental note to approach Lucifer, the tea master.

As the words began to blur, your eyelids were getting heavy. It was probably time to hit the sack. Out of the blue, someone knocked on your door, flushing away the exhaustion in your bones. Who could it be at this hour? Belphegor's tired voice erupted on the other side. "MC? You there? Can I come in?"

It was surprising to hear the Avatar of Sloth still frolicking around this late at night. Usually, he would be passed out so early. You contemplated whether to turn him away so you could be left alone. Nonetheless, it would be rude to the poor demon. You sighed and replied. "Come in." This better be good.

Belphegor entered in his sleepwear with a damp towel around his neck, seemingly having just taken a shower. He inquired. "Can I borrow your hair dryer? Mine is broken."

"Uh, sure. It's in the drawer." You consented, confused why he asked you of all people. He interrupted my sleep for this. "Why didn't you ask your roommate instead?"

"I wanted you to dry my hair." He said nonchalantly then handed you the hair dryer. "You wouldn't me to catch a cold, would you?" He added cheekily.

Before you could complain, he plopped down on the floor, waiting for you to do the job. You scoffed at his audacity to barge into your bedroom this late and expects you to follow his every whim. Nevertheless, you complied since following orders from the demon brothers was not anything new. Furthermore, you were not heartless enough to let him catch a cold. With an irritated huff, you slid to edge of your bed and dropped your feet on the floor, Belphegor between your legs.

There was a faint smell of shampoo and soap emanating from his body which, honestly, calmed your nerves. Despite being forced into it, you dried his hair earnestly while gently combing his strands with your finger. Belphegor hummed in satisfaction as you massaged his scalp. "That feels really good, MC."

"Why are you still awake anyway? And washing up this late. Of course, you're going to catch cold if you don't dry your hair." You scolded.

"Since afternoon, I've been sleeping in the attic up until a while ago. I could not sleep anymore and since I was sweaty due to lying in bed for so long, I took a shower."

"You know, if you're going to sleep so much, you're going to ruin your sleeping routine. This is why you can't stay awake during the day."

"I can't help it. I get tired easily. When I do go to sleep, I sleep like a log for an extended period of time. It's hard for me to wake up."

By now, his wet hair was as soft as a feather and had returned to its fluffy state. You turned off the hair dryer and pat his head. "Done. So, now, you can't sleep? What are you gonna do?"

Belphegor stood up and stored the hair dryer back to the drawer. "I don't want to lie in bed awake. It's boring." He explained. "So, I figured it'd be better if you were next to me."

"What do you mean? Do you want me to read you a story or sing you a lullaby?" You joked with a hint of sarcasm in your tone.

"No. Let's sleep together." He proudly suggested shocking the life out of you. For a lazy bum, he sure was energetic during the night. You have severely misjudged him. Seeing you deep in thought, Belphegor instantly realized how you misunderstood his words. He clarified himself. "And by sleeping together, I mean just only sleeping. I'm not perverted like Asmo."

It was definitely a relief that that was not the case. Still, it was hilarious how you got way ahead of yourself. Belphegor was upfront at times, but not to that extent. That was why he was safe to sleep with. "That's fine then. I'm tired and want to sleep so don't stare at me creepily."

Belphegor raised his right hand as if he were taking an oath. "I promise to not disturb your sleep and do anything questionable without permission. I shall only hug and snuggle you."

"Alright then." You asserted and moved to the side, providing space for his body to fit in. "Come on over."

Belphegor removed his towel from his neck and hung it on the nearest chair before diving into the sheets. With his arms wide open, you scooched closer and buried your head into his chest and took a whiff of his scent. You had a feeling you were going to get a good night's sleep tonight. You bade good night to Belphegor but was taken aback to find him unconscious already. "Can't sleep, huh?"

☆☆☆☆☆

Inspired by: