Diavolo X Reader I

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

The story began when you received a text message from the Prince of Devildom. The message came abruptly while you were playing mobile games. The identity of the sender was rather unexpected, judging from how he rarely contacted you. Without reading the chat, your immediate thought was what trouble you might have caused which prompted the prince to reprimand you. Moments passed before you nervously pressed on the chat box. In the end, the conversation finished quickly with Lord Diavolo announcing that he would stop by the House of Lamentation.

The talk was actually quite simple. You wondered why you were being paranoid. He only wanted to invite you out to lunch in AkuDonald's. The newly built fast-food restaurant recently caught the eye of the curious prince who rarely ate commoner food. With Lucifer and Barbatos absent, he turned to you to accompany him. Accepting his invitation was easy since you were free, and it was no trouble. More importantly, it had been a while since someone treated you.

Diavolo was scheduled to fetch you from the House of Lamentation in an hour

Diavolo was scheduled to fetch you from the House of Lamentation in an hour. It was enough time to dress up and do a light makeover. You did not dare to show up underdressed with Lord Diavolo by your side. The clothes you picked were not over the top but still tidy with a touch of formality and elegance. The finishing touches were done 10 minutes before the agreed time. You had to quicken the pace since Diavolo arrived 5 minutes earlier. He allowed you to take up all the time you needed but decided not to. Keeping your company waiting was too much for you.

Once you spotted Diavolo by the entryway, you realized how overdressed you were. The demon lord modelled a sports jacket with black jeans and sneakers. An outfit for a typical teenager. You remembered that your destination was merely a family restaurant wherein you usually order burger and fries in pajamas. You were embarrassed; nonetheless, it would be rude to ask for more time when you already presented yourself.

You ran up to the prince and smiled. "Hello. Sorry for making you wait. I had a hard time choosing my clothes. Although, it seems I dressed up too much for the occasion."

Lord Diavolo was not the least bit inconvenienced and was in fact glad. He chuckled. "No, you look beautiful. You deserve to be under a spotlight. Plus, with casual clothes, we look like we're on a date."

Slightly embarrassed by the compliment, you laughed softly. Hearing his words, you gained confidence to point out. "Aren't you asking me on a date?"

Diavolo admitted to wanting to ask you out directly. However, he decided not to due to the fear of scaring you off. You appreciated his consideration for you but asserted that this was indeed a date. With that clarified, you made your way to AkuDonald's.

☆☆☆

The restaurant was not anything special, just a common fast-food restaurant. You might be used to it but the Prince of Devildom was not. Even though the meal was of cheap quality, Diavolo seemed to be enjoying himself. His childlike reactions were enough to fill up your stomach. This moment was unfortunately cut short. Since the meal was designed for quick consumption, your stay in AkuDonald's was brief.

Ever the spontaneous kid, Diavolo suggested watching a movie. You guessed if this was Diavolo's way of making the best out of this date. If so, you were up for it. Both of you went to the nearest cinema and purchased tickets for the film with the most eye-catching movie poster. The victor was a horror movie. In reality, you were not interested in the genre, but an opportunity just presented itself to you. It would be a waste not to take advantage of such an opportunity.

In your seats, Diavolo occupied both armrests, settling comfortably in his seat. Normally, this would irritate you, but it only made things easier. Whenever there would be a jump scare, you could cling onto his arm until the end of the movie. Hopefully, he would not shake you off.

Like any typical horror movie, the film started off normal, exhibiting daily routines of the characters. You inched closer to Diavolo when the tone of story dipped. Furthermore, the lighthearted background music was gone and was replaced with an unsettling silence. You felt something crawling under your skin, followed with faint goosebumps. The supposed supernatural being in the movie has not shown itself yet you were all ready to jump out of your seat. You kind of regretted choosing a horror movie at that moment. However, the thought immediately was purged from your mind.

While waiting for the jump scare, Diavolo grasped your hand inconspicuously. His actions helped you pull through when the monster appeared on the screen. As the story progressed with the characters killed off one by one, you were shamelessly clinging onto Diavolo's arm. In response, the demon leaned closer so you could hide your face in the crook of his neck. You stayed in this position for the rest of the movie, flinching once in a while whenever the music surprised you. If only the genre was more romantic, then you would have enjoyed yourself while sticking close to your date. Well, you had to make do with what you had so you persevered until the movie ended.

You swore mentally to be more careful in deciding on the movie for your next possible date with the Prince of Devildom. Nevertheless, with the two of you looking like a couple implied that today's date was a success.