Mammon X Reader I

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

Months passed by, surprisingly, in a blink of an eye and midterms were just around the corner. Here in RAD, exams were rumored to be quite the challenge. On top of that, Diavolo and Lucifer had high expectations which just increased the pressure on you. Mammon was no help either, seeing that he had been pestering you for a while now. Hell Week was the perfect term to describe your situation.

"MC! Stop studying and let's go hang out." Mammon ordered while wringing your shoulders, shaking your entire being.

You sighed annoyed then replied. "Mammon, I've been telling you that I have to study. Let's hang out all you want after exams. But right now, I really can't."

Mammon puffed his cheeks and continued to whine persistently. "Let's go MC! Let's go out...I just got paid too. I'll treat you."

Having enough of his yapping, you slammed your fist on the desk, shocking Mammon. You bellowed, mustering the deepest scowl. "Can you shut up for one second and leave me be?! Man, I really can't with you brothers. First, it was Lucifer and now you. So, stop being really annoying and get out of my room."

Most of the time, you exercised tranquility and had a firm grip on your temper. However, today, you were quite sensitive and extremely irritable. Sensing your terrible mood, Mammon gave up and left. Once silence finally consumed your surroundings, you flipped back to your books and resumed with your studies. Luckily, nobody disturbed you for the rest of the day.

☆☆☆

Soon, after sleepless nights and examinations, hell week has come to an end. After getting through this exhausting phase, fatigue was catching up to you. Before you could reach your room, the demon brothers intervened, inquiring on how you did on the exam. You responded with brief statements, simply craving for some sleep. Satan was the last person who approached you and it seemed like something or someone was missing. You shrugged and pushed it at the back of your mind. Sleep was more important.

The following day, breakfast with the brothers seemed awfully quiet, although they were chattering among themselves. You traced over each demon until you met with blue eyes. Mammon blinked before averting his eyes, rather unnaturally. That's when something clicked in your brain. Your supposed chaperone was avoiding you. No wonder something felt missing.

During classes, you stared intently at Mammon, already aware why he was acting out of character. You observed Mammon fidget in his seat, obviously conscious of your heated gaze on him. Still, he pushed through and did not make any eye contact. Understanding that he was not budging this time, you thought of how to make it up to him. Giving him money was totally out of the bag since you did not have any to begin with. You mentally gave in and resorted to just doing whatever he wants to do with you in exchange for his forgiveness.

Back in the House of Lamentation, you knocked on Mammon's door. No response came. Although it was faint, you definitely heard shuffling inside, indicating someone's presence. You planted your feet on the ground and announced. "Mammon, I know you're in there so please listen. I'm sorry for saying those words to you. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'll do anything you want from me so please stop ignoring me. I miss you."

After a couple of minutes, steps were evident on the other side of door before it was opened, revealing a sullen Mammon. "You miss me?"

"I miss you." You repeated with deeper emotion.

"You want me to stop avoiding you?"

"That's right."

"You'll do anything?"

"I'll do anything you want." You proudly declared.

Mammon rubbed the back of his neck before shyly asking. "Then, can I get a hug?"

You beamed before wrapping your arms around his torso, causing him to take a step back. Mammon hesitated for a moment before embracing you as well. He squeezed you so tight, you thought your bones might break. Nevertheless, you stayed in his arms.

For what seemed like an hour, you separated. Satisfaction written on his face; Mammon proclaimed. "I guess I'll be generous and forgive you."

You giggled, happy that he was back to his usual idiotic self. You bowed and praised in exaggeration. "I thank you O great Mammon."

"Since I'm so generous, the great Mammon will treat you. Shall we go out?"

"Yeah, we shall." You stated and slung your arm around his, earning a blush from the great Mammon.