Diavolo X Reader III

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

It was any typical day of a student in the human realm. Undergoing boring lectures everyday pressured you into throwing out your books and start working already. I could get a part-time job and live on a daily basis. But my parents would never allow it and it's not the most ideal path to take. I just wish something interesting would happen. Luckily, your wishes were granted.

A chat message came out of the blue from the ever-spontaneous Prince of Devildom. Additionally, the contents were equally shocking. You had to read the message inconspicuously due to ongoing classes. 'Hey MC. When do your classes end? I'll stop by your school.'

Caught by surprise, you almost jolted out of your chair and attracted the attention of the whole class. Fortunately, you held back and clasped your hands instinctively. What's going on? How can Diavolo stop by my school? Is he here in the human realm? When did he arrive? Nobody told me about this.

Eager to see the demon lord, you contemplated whether to stay or leave ahead of time. It became an easy choice when you remembered that Diavolo did not condone skipping classes and would likely be disappointed if you did. Therefore, you sat through the remaining dreary lectures in agony.

☆☆☆

Diavolo's deep voice echoed near the entrance of the campus as soon as you exited the premises. "Over here, MC!"

In a heartbeat, you raced towards the demon and jumped onto him, calling out his name and wrapping your arms around his neck. Unprepared for your attack, Diavolo stumbled a bit then supported your back because your legs were literally dangling in the air due to the difference in height. Meanwhile, he was laughing involuntarily. "Did you miss me?"

You squeezed his neck tighter and proudly declared on the top of your lungs. "I missed you. I missed you so much."

In response to your heartwarming words, Diavolo pulled back a bit then pecked your lips. With a cheerful smile, he muttered. "I missed you too." You beamed and buried your head again onto his shoulder lengthening your hugging for several minutes.

Afterwards, the demon lord proposed you show him around as a date. As soon as date rolled off his tongue, you were nodding profusely, not hesitating to grant his every wish. That was how much you missed your boyfriend who brought endless color into your life. With flushed cheeks, you accepted the hand that Diavolo offered and strolled into town with intertwined fingers.

The conversation took off with you voicing out the questions that were in your mind all day. "What brings you here? When did you arrive? You didn't even tell me you were coming."

"Sorry about that. I actually came here to meet with human dignitaries to plan for another exchange student program. The previous was a success so might as well try again."

"Is that so? Then, where's Barbatos? Did you come here alone?"

"I came here alone. I planned the meeting out of nowhere which Lucifer scolded me for. He said that these things had to be planned ahead of time."

Oh, poor Lucifer. Diavolo's impulsive decisions often resulted in Lucifer and Barbatos being buried in paperwork. Only the demon lord could coerce the most important state leaders in the world to attend a meeting without being informed ahead of time. Indeed, he was not labeled the Demon Lord of Devildom for nothing.

"Let's go in here, MC." The aforementioned influential devil suggested, pointing towards a poster. It displayed a limited offer of a dessert shop selling discounted ice-cream for couples. That's right, instead of reprimanding the mischievous demon, you should do all couple-y things while Diavolo was in the human realm.

"MC, say aah."

Without any objection, you opened your mouth and let Diavolo spoon-feed you. Not only was the ice-cream sweet, but so was the atmosphere between you. So sweet it could cause a toothache. You could not help yourself. It had been a year since you left Devildom and not seeing your precious lover.

"Ha." You sighed out dejectedly suddenly. "If only I could go back with you to Devildom. Should I just quit school and follow after you? I'll persuade Barbatos to train me so I can be your personal assistant."

Diavolo snickered, amused by your ideas. "That does sound tempting. If you're my assistant, we can see each other every day and still be together when I go on business trips."

You clasped your hands together happily. "I know, right? Then, I should quickly--"

"But I have greater plans for the both of us." Diavolo cut in, confusing you. What else could be greater than being together all the time?

The demon prince reached for your hand then rubbed the top of it gently with his thumb. "The reason I insist on pushing the exchange student program is because I want everyone to live in harmony, despite our differences. In doing so, everyone would be free to love whoever they want. You see, MC, although it sounds nice to have you as my assistant, I want you to live by my side as my queen."

Touched by his proposal, you bit your lip to prevent the tears that threatened to burst out. It was, after all, a promise that would last an eternity. "You do realize that I could beat your ass anytime if I wanted to. I might also fight with you in terms of the state of affairs. Are you sure you should give me that kind of power?"

"Fine by me. I want my wife to be involved in everything that I do. I want you to be my side and knock some sense into me if I go out of line."

"I have no choice then but to study hard to become a queen that you would approve of."

"It doesn't matter either way. You would still be a fine queen in my eyes."

☆☆☆☆☆

Yosh! This month's oneshots are finished. So, for the next month, what theme go with? Send some suggestions or requests. Anyway, thank you for reading!