Diavolo X Reader VI

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

How peculiar. Despite it being a low-spirited day, filled with tearful goodbyes, your mind was clear and optimistic. You went about your day normally, in contrast to the gloomy atmosphere. Perhaps, the idea had still not dawned onto you.

Like any other day in Devildom, you woke up due to Mammon barging into your room and dragging you out himself. Your eyes caught sight of the demon brothers occupying the dining table in their respective seats. The familiar scene naturally brought a smile on your face. Just seeing and being with them was enough to lift your mood.

"MC! You're finally awake. We thought you'd never get out of bed." Asmodeus complained, beckoning you over hurriedly. Seemingly, they had been waiting for you to join them before eating.

Once taking your place on the table, everyone began devouring their meal.

"Here." Leviathan muttered while serving you some eggs. "We cooked it in the way you liked it."

"Do you want more coffee, MC?" Belphegor asked after speculating your empty mug.

"There's something on your face." Mammon pointed out then wiped the dirt off with a napkin.

"You don't need to fix your plate. We'll be doing the dishes." Satan proclaimed, preventing you from cleaning up.

Unlike yesterday, they were more doting than usual and watched over you. Other than that, breakfast carried on as usual.

Afterwards, the trio consisting of Mammon, Leviathan, and Beelzebub accompanied you back to your room. Their assistance was admirable but was not necessary since you tidied your room yesterday, returning it to its original state before you arrived.

"Is this everything, MC?" Beelzebub inquired, holding your stuff. Mammon and Leviathan also helped with the others.

"Yes, that's all." Compared to the amount you brought with you on your first day in Devildom, your luggage was significantly heavier when you were leaving. It was probably due to the enormous number of gifts you revieved throughout your stay. Or, the fact that your enrollment to RAD was unplanned and had no time to take everything you needed. Now, the thought made you laugh.

As soon as the trio left the premises, you roamed around your bedroom, checking if there was any thing you forgot. Truthfully, you were reminiscing the past and the memories in this place. The room was initially such an unfamiliar environment for you, earning uneasiness and sleepless nights. Who knew that you would miss it?

Thereafter, you grabbed your coat and handbag and said your final farewells to the place you called home.

☆☆☆

At the Devil Lord's Castle, all of the crew was present: Lord Diavolo, Barbatos, Lucifer, Mammon, Leviathan, Satan, Asmodeus, Beelzebub, Belphegor, you, Solomon, Simeon, and Luke.

Even on such a sad event, everyone was lively, conversing among themselves. All of you were dispersed in four groups (for each exchange student). Meanwhile, you were left with your partner-in-crime for the whole year, Lord Diavolo.

"Do you have everything you need? Are you sure you did not leave anything behind?" The demon prince interrogated worriedly.

"Yes. I'm sure." You assured while holding his hands.

"Well, it's fine if you left something." Diavolo stated mischievously. "Gives me a reason to visit you."

"Should I leave something behind?" You played along.

"No need. You're already leaving something behind."

"What?" You questioned frantically, churning your brain for anything you had potentially missed.

"Me."

Slowly, you met with Diavolo's downcasted eyes and finally realized that this was it. This was where it ends. Consequently, you reached out and caressed his left cheek. Instantly, the demon reacted to your touch and leaned towards your hand.

"We'll meet again, won't we?" You whispered hopefully, rejecting the thought of never being able to see this amazing yet lonesome creature.

The demon lord smiled. "As long as you wish for it, we will meet again."

"What if I want to go back here to where you are?" You pressed on.

"You are always welcome here in Devildom. I will throw the biggest banquet to celebrate your return. I shall also serve you to the best of my abilities and ensure your comfort when you come back. We, all of us, will always be right here waiting for you."

Instead of relief after hearing those words, you burst into tears. Everything you went through with everyone was precious and irreplaceable. It will forever be etched into your brain, never to be forgotten.

Sooner or later, time had ran out and Diavolo instructed Barbatos to open the portal. First was the celestial realm.

You hugged both Simeon and a crying Luke before exchanging your goodbyes. Both invited you over to the celestial realm if ever chance presents it. Meanwhile, you said the same that they were welcome to your home in the human realm. Then, they stepped into the portal and vanished from your sight.

Without waiting, Barbatos flicked his wrist, opening the entrance to the human realm. Solomon looked over to you, signalling you to say your goodbyes. One by one, you were crushed into the arms of each demon. The demon brothers were on the brink of tears upon discovering that they were separating with the person they deemed as their family. It was an understatement that they would miss you.

You nodded towards Barbatos who you only had gotten close at a later date. Lastly, you faced Diavolo and embraced him one last time. During that, you memorized his scent, body, face, and the sound of his voice.

Reluctantly, the demon released you from his arms, letting you walk away from him.

"I'll come back. I will find you again." You announced for everyone to hear.

"That's a promise."

☆☆☆

"That's a promise."

With a bated breath, your thumb touched the screen softly over the demon lord's image. Then, the screen changed, displaying the words The End.

Despite reading those words, you knew very well that it was not. No matter what anyone says, you would come back. Finally, you pressed a button, prompting the application to ask 'Are you sure you want to exit this game?'

After contemplating, you clicked yes. It was time to go back into reality.