Barbatos X Reader I

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

It was finally the weekend and a much-needed break for students of RAD. It was the perfect opportunity to laze around without any of the brothers disturbing you. For the day, the first thing you did was sleep in late, something Mammon always prevented you from doing so. But not today. You finally woke up at noon; however, you stayed in bed and fiddled with your phone.

While mindlessly scrolling through Devilgram, you received a message from Barbatos. The demon recently received a bunch of bath bombs and wanted to share some with you. Delighted, you accepted his gracious offer and texted that you would stop by the Devil Lord's Castle to pick up the bath bombs. Although coming over to the castle required leaving your room, you forced your body to get up by imagining how much you will enjoy yourself in a hot tub with aromatic bath bombs later on.

You dressed hurriedly and made a beeline for the Devil Lord's Castle without informing any of the demon brothers. When you arrived at your destination, another guest was also present at the entryway of the palace. It was Diavolo's loyal servant, Lucifer, who was equally taken aback to find you there, probably wondering what could have motivated you to get out of bed.

Before he could comment about it, you teased. "What a surprise. What are you doing here, Luci?"

"Call me Luci one more time and that will be the last word you will ever say." Lucifer warned, not in the least bit amused by your jokes. You bit your lip, resisting the urge to retort with sarcasm. It was just a joke. Why must he be such a killjoy?

Thankfully, Barbatos entered the scene and calmed the rising tension in the room. "Now, now, Lucifer. MC is my guest so don't kick her out just yet. Lord Diavolo is in his study waiting for you."

Without another word, Lucifer turned his back on you and marched towards Diavolo's study. With him gone, you and Barbatos made your way to his headquarters as well. In his room, you immediately spotted the excessive number of boxes filled with bath bombs sitting atop his bed. Taking in the number, you understood why Barbatos insisted on giving you his bath bombs. A person clearly did not need this much bath essentials, especially Barbatos who rarely uses them. Well, you could bring home as many as you wanted and share with Asmodeus. He would surely appreciate your generosity.

You examined the boxes and decided based on the brand and design of the packaging

You examined the boxes and decided based on the brand and design of the packaging. Meanwhile, Barbatos brought cups of tea from the kitchen. He placed your cup on the bedside table and beckoned for you to take a seat on the mattress to make yourself comfortable while choosing.

Before taking a sip of tea, you asked. "Where did you get all this? You don't even use bath bombs."

"My lord (Diavolo) placed the wrong order from Akuzon. He planned on buying bath bombs for a colleague as a present but made a mistake in clarifying the right amount of product. After giving away the gift, he pushed the rest onto me. I refused initially but then he suggested that I should also give it away as a present."

"Ah, so you thought of me?" You giggled.

In contrast to your lighthearted joke, Barbatos responded seriously. "Yes. When Lord Diavolo mentioned giving it as a present, you instantly came to mind."

Suppressing the bubbling giddiness, you remarked cheekily. "Does that mean I am always in your mind?"

Perhaps not reading into your words, Barbatos remained unfazed and answered honestly. "Well, not always but you stay in my mind for long periods of time that I am unable to focus on work."

After hearing such sweet words, the warmth from your cheeks and the loud beating of your heart were evident. You wondered if your ears correctly caught the confession of this indifferent creature. If it was indeed a confession, how come the one who confessed remained unperturbed while the one confessed to was reduced to a blushing mess?

"Does that mean you like me?" You questioned expectantly.

"Yes, I like you." He said coolly.

Your eyes narrowed in suspicion, inquiring. "Much more than Lord Diavolo?"

Troubled by your claim, Barbatos paused from drinking his tea and declared rather defensively. "No one comes above my master, the future King of Devildom."

With your hopes dashed, you buried your face in your hands in shame for believing this submissive, Diavolo-obsessed demon. Why are you so popular, Diavolo?! Hogging all the most eligible devil bachelors in the kingdom! In your head, you wished Lucifer would already marry the prince of Devildom and live happily ever after so that Barbatos can finally turn to you.

Speak of the devil, Lucifer knocked on the door, seemingly fetching you since it was getting late. Barbatos offered you to join them for dinner but you declined politely. You were unwilling to share a meal with your love rival and was not confident you could stop yourself from flipping him off.

On the way home, you asserted out of the blue, confusing the Avatar of Pride. "Just so you know, I am on your side, Luci. I shall support you wholeheartedly on your quest for love."

"Thank you?"