Mammon X Reader IV

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

After gazing upon Mammon's inconspicuous melancholic features, only then did you realize how much you spoiled the greedy demon. Well, can you blame yourself? The Avatar of Greed may be mischievous and obnoxious, nevertheless, he was an innocent and adorable munchkin. Furthermore, deep down, it was undeniable that the demon cared about you despite not expressing it eloquently.

Back to the present situation, why was the fluffball in low spirits? If anything, it was the demon's birthday which should be happily celebrated. That was the problem. The birthday boy woke up anticipating some kind of surprise party and receiving gifts. Sad to say, everyone feigned ignorance and went about your own businesses.

To be clear, it was Satan and Asmodeus' idea. It was impossible for the siblings to forget something as important as their own kin's birthday. However, Satan encouraged everyone to pretend to do so. According to Asmodeus, they could not help but pull a prank on their scumbag of a brother. Additionally, it would make the surprise party scheduled later on even more touching for Mammon.

It was a foolproof plan. The only issue was you. Satan reminded you sternly not to break down at the sight of Mammon's puppy eyes and accidentally tell him all about the plan. The Avatar of Wrath was right in scolding you because it was too much to bear watching Mammon with such a brokenhearted face.

Before you could spill the beans, Satan stepped in and pointed out. "Alright, Mammon. Stop looking like a kid who got his toy taken away."

"I'm not a kid!" Mammon yelped before pouting. Honestly, it was so cute. "Hmph. I'm not a kid anymore. I don't care about birthdays. Just wanted to let you guys know. I don't care if you guys remember."

Even though he denied the claims so fervently, his face was an open book. It only made him more childish. Not that you had a problem with that. It only made you adore how much of a baby he was.

"Right." Satan shrugged then offered to ease the tension. "Then, how about this? MC, here, can take you out on date. Surely, going on a romantic date is more adult-like and better suited for a grown man such as yourself."

At the mention of date with you, Mammon's blue orbs sparkled. "Date? With MC?" Then, his sapphire eyes landed on you as if beckoning you to voice out your opinion.

A new task was assigned to you out of the blue. Now, it was your job to keep the birthday boy busy while the party was being set up. There was no need for contemplation. It was an easy decision. The corner of your eyes crinkled as you stated. "Let's go out on a date, Mammon."

Later on, Satan hurriedly kicked you out of the building and ordered you to only return once they give the signal. Luckily, your exchange went unheard by Mammon since he was busy visualizing lovey-dovey times with you. It made you giggle.

Thereafter, you questioned the demon. "So, what do you want to do? It's been a while since we went out, just the two of us."

"I want to do things that only couples do." Mammon proclaimed excitedly.

"Okay. So, should we start by holding hands?" You suggested then raised your hand for him to take.

In a heartbeat, Mammon laced his fingers with yours. With just minimal skin contact, a wide smile was etched on his vibrant and flushed face. "Let's go?"

"Before that--" You cut in and attacked him with a sudden kiss on the lips. His shining aura was so blinding that you could not resist touching him more. Unfortunately, you had to make do with only a brief kiss.

"Wha...?" The demon stammered while covering his cheeks with his arm. "What was that for?"

"It was a birthday present. Happy birthday, Mammon!"

"Hehe." He could not help but laugh casually. "The day has just started but thank you."

"That's right. I am all yours for today. I will do anything you want."

"Then..." Mammon trailed while shyly scratching his cheek. "Let's kiss some more."

"With pleasure." You grinned then shut your eyelids, letting the demon take the lead.

As if he was handling something fragile, Mammon's rough hands gently cupped your face before leisurely leaning down. It took a while, but you remained patient. His mouth finally joined yours after a minute. At first, he was careful and slowly became bolder. Unconsciously, while locking lips, his tongue would graze over the tip of your tongue before retracting immediately.

Even though you were stuck in a passionate moment, Mammon was still cautious not to go too far. You appreciated his concern but was slightly annoyed. There was no need for him to hold back. In fact, you were asking for it. After repeated incidents with his tongue, you had enough and stopped being complacent.

As if you had broken free, you flung your arms and swung it around his neck. Consequently, you smoothly inserted your tongue in his mouth and massaged his tongue. From your fingertips, you could feel Mammon's body heating up as he became more aroused. You were the same which made the situation dangerous. It was hard to hold back.

"Ehem." Suddenly, a voice coughed from behind you two, cutting through the enticing atmosphere.

On cue, both of you separated and turned towards the disgusted Avatar of Wrath who momentarily walked out the door. To put it simply, he was not amused. "What are you still doing here? You have a lot of nerve making out in broad daylight."

You cracked a crooked smile as apology. It could not be helped. After all, Mammon just had that effect on you.