Solomon X Reader IV

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

It was a nightmare living in the Devildom.

Despite having the demon brothers' protection, you were isolated both in school and dormitory. Your mind was a swirling mess of confusion and paranoia as you desperately clung to survive every single day. It was difficult to sleep. Worse, you would jolt up awake every night at the simplest noise. That was how you spent the first few weeks in hell.

It was a miracle you were able to stay sane during those challenging times. That was only possible with the exchange students' help. As angels, it was expected of Simeon and Luke to be gentle and generous towards the weak. It was calming. However, your sole close companion was Solomon, a fellow human. Unlike the other beings, the wizard understood your dilemmas and consoled you whenever you were filled with anxiety.

Even though Solomon was quite a mystery, he never failed to shower you with attention and kindness. Like today, the first thing he noticed when you came over to the Purgatory Hall were your bandages.

"Aren't you a danger magnet? Just last week you went to school with a cast after Leviathan almost killed you over a meager quiz contest. What happened this time?" Solomon interrogated after he invited you over into his room.

You chuckled nervously while rubbing the back of your neck. "It's a long story. Basically, Lucifer got angry that Luke sneaked into the House of Lamentation and punished Beelzebub for letting him in. And I kinda set him off by defending Beel."

"When did you become a daredevil?" He stated disapprovingly. "Who in their right mind would throw themselves under the bus? Are you asking for a death sentence?"

Solomon was a carefree type of person who lived at his own pace, rarely losing his composure. Only you were able to anger him and bring out his emotions. It was a privilege but at the moment, you dropped your head in shame. "I'm sorry for worrying you. I don't know what came over me. It was like there was a voice in my mind telling me to stop them from fighting."

The wizard let out sigh then ruffled your hair. "It must be your conscience. You couldn't bear to see anyone get hurt."

"Is that so?"

You waited for a reply but only received silence from Solomon. From your peripheral vision, his eyes were burning the side of your head as he studied you without saying a word. With his arms crossed, the wizard subtly analyzed your entire body, making you quite conscious. A minute passed by peacefully.

Finally, Solomon moved from his spot and stood before you. Seated on his bed, you looked up to him, wondering what was going through his brain. Thereafter, he reached out his hand and traced the side of your arm down to your elbow. Meanwhile, you eyed as he entangled his fingers with yours and tugged it closer to his face, stretching your arm in the process.

All of a sudden, with his eyes shut, he placed his lips on your knuckles for a couple of seconds before trailing soft kisses on your arm. Throughout the process, Solomon remained quiet which was unexpectedly soothing. Warmth emerged from the places he touched even though it was only moment.

He was leaning down by the time he reached your shoulder. His hand supported the other side of your head as he tasted the crook of your neck. At the same time, his forefinger teased your ear which honestly tickled you. Nevertheless, it helped to calm your nerves.

Abruptly, he pulled away then switched your positions. Now, Solomon occupied your seat while you were on his lap, your body facing his. A faint blush appeared on your cheeks when you realized where your butt and thighs were touching. Embarrassed, you tried to get off but was stopped by Solomon's arms around your waist.

"Come here." He whispered then grasped the back of your neck, pushing your face towards his.

You clamped your eyes shut and gripped his shirt. Soon, your lips met, and you could feel current rushing down your back.

It had been a couple of months since you and Solomon confessed to each other and became official. However, the most you could do as a couple were hugging and hand holding. It was only recently when you progressed to kissing and teasing.

The kiss was slow and sweet. Thankfully, Solomon was careful not to scare you and only hoped to comfort you with his loving touch. Unfortunately, smooching had to be cut short because of the increasing heat. It was getting dangerous and Solomon might attack you senselessly, so he had to put a stop to it.

Peeking behind your eyelashes, you could see Solomon's bright grin which made your heart swell. After all, it was exclusively yours. Suddenly, wrinkles formed between his eyebrows. You followed his line sight that was rested on a plaster on your arm.

"Don't worry. It's just a scratch." You reassured then flung your arms to prove it.

A snicker escaped his mouth upon witnessing your energetic self. Afterwards, he restrained your arms and turned serious. "It might be a scratch now, but it can escalate pretty quickly. You tend to run towards danger and do things that is more than you can handle. I know I can't stop you so can you at least promise me that you will think twice before doing anything?"

"I promise."

Sadly, fate had other plans as the voice inside your head (Lilith) prompted you to release the murderous Avatar of Sloth from its cage. In the end, your worst fears came true.