xl. 𝚜𝚘𝚔𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜

EVELYN AND the other Avengers stared at the Cradle as a man with red and purple skin and piercing eyes stared at them all. His eyes zeroed in on Thor before he rushed to attack the God. Evelyn gasped as Thor suddenly threw him at the nearest window. The man caught himself right before he could hit it, staring at his reflection to look at himself for the first time.

Evelyn jumped down next to Steve as Thor quickly rose a hand to keep them from fighting the man. Steve moved in front of Evelyn as if to protect her when the man turned to hover right in front of Thor.

"I'm sorry, that was... odd," the man said in Jarvis's voice. He looked at Thor's cape before creating his own cape to match. "Thank you."

Steve looked appalled. "Thor, you helped create this?"

Thor nodded as he turned to face them all. "I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." He pointed at the gem in Vision's head.

Bruce furrowed his eyebrows. "What, the gem?"

"It's the Mind Stone," Thor explained. "It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"Then, why would you bring it to..." Steve began as Thor cut him off.

"Because Stark is right," Thor said.

Bruce smirked. "Oh, it's definitely the end times," he said with a teasing tone.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron," Thor continued.

"Not alone," Vision amended.

"Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve asked him.

Evelyn grabbed Steve's arm. "We... reconfigured Jarvis's matrix to create something new," she explained.

"I think I've had my fill of new," Steve said to her.

"I know," she whispered.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" Vision asked Steve.

"You're not?" Steve asked.

Vision seemed to think for a second before he said, "I'm not Ultron. I'm not Jarvis. I am... I am."

Wanda stepped forward, though Pietro kept her close. "I looked in your head and saw annihilation."

"Look again," Vision requested, nodding his head with a smile her way.

Clint scoffed. "Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me."

Thor pointed at the Maximoffs. "Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..."

"Is it? Are you? On our side?" Steve said with worry obvious in his tone.

"I don't think it's that simple."

"Well it better get real simple real soon," Clint threatened.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all," Vision said.

Tony pushed a hand in his pocket as Vision looked at him. "What's he waiting for?"

"You."

"Where?" Bruce questioned.

Clint had an answer for that. "Sokovia. He's got Nat there too."

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." Bruce began but was cut off by Vision.