lxxxiii. 𝚒 𝚊𝚖 𝚒𝚛𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚊𝚗

BUCKY GRABBED the waist of his wife and kissed her with everything he had in him as the fighting seemed to pause around them. They knew that was not the case, but it was just like many dreams Evelyn had about their reunion. Bucky kissed her cheek as he backed away from her lips, knowing they needed to finish this.

"Anyone see an ugly, brown van up there?" Steve asked impatiently, grunting in pain from the battle.

Evelyn groaned, looking to her left. There it sat. "Yes," she replied. They were in the middle of the battlefield with Thanos nearby. "But you're not going to like where it's parked. Bucky and I will defend it."

"Scott, how long you need to get that thing working?" Natasha called with a certain edge to her voice. She sounded in pain from fighting. They all were, really. They just wanted it to be over.

"Maybe ten minutes," Scott replied quickly.

"Get it started. We'll get the stones to you," Steve directed. "Eve, Buck, keep it safe for them!"

"We're on it, Cap," Hope, Scott's girlfriend, replied just as Bucky responded, "Whatever you say, punk."

Evelyn found a Chitauri's energy rifle, using it against the bastards while Bucky had his gun blasted them all to bits. Scott and Hope appeared out of thin air, scaring the shit from Bucky as he almost shot them. Bucky nodded once at the pair as they rushed into the van.

Evelyn watched with anger as Ebony Maw tried to attack Clint, but Natasha was there to help. She kicked the man, taking the Gauntlet and throwing it to T'Challa when he called for it. The Black Panther ran at abrupt speeds, his Vibranium suit reflected shots from the Black Order. Thanos managed to hit T'Challa, but he was soon met with the Scarlett Witch.

And boy was she still pissed.

"You took everything from me."

"I don't even know who you are," Thanos responded, but Wanda only smirked and responded.

"You will."

Evelyn looked at Bucky with a gulp. She kissed him roughly. "Watch over Scott and Hope. I'll be back."

"Lyn!"

Evelyn rushed forward as Peter Parker grabbed the Gauntlet and was being surrounded by Outriders and Chitauri. Evelyn knew something was wrong when Thanos yelled for his side to rain fire. She realized Wanda was actually winning against him, so he did this to get Wanda away.

Evelyn got to Peter to push him aside just as a cannon would have taken him out. They rolled a bit, his metal spider legs keeping the pair safe. It was not for long as another wave of Chitauri came attacking. As much as she hated to admit it, she and the kid were losing.

"We got this. We got this." Evelyn was knocked down, but she kicked back up with anger on her face along with blood flowing from her arm. "Somebody help!" Peter yelled.

"Hey, Queens, heads up!" Peter grabbed Evelyn's waist, getting the pair out of the hoard by attaching a web to Mjolnir as it flew past. Peter let go, realizing they were going to hit the ground at a fast pace. Suddenly, Pepper grabbed Peter just as Tony grabbed Evelyn.

"I got ya, Auntie Icicle," Tony snarked, lowering her next to where Peter was, glad she was looking after him despite their last meeting being when he kicked her ass.

Peter and Evelyn took a breath just as the canons stopped firing at them. They began to move slowly upward before firing at the sky as if something was there. Peter looked a bit in awe while Evelyn kept her gaze hardened and on guard.

"What the hell is this?" Sam yelled in worry.

"FRIDAY, what are they firing at?" Tony questioned.