lxxxvii. 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎

STEVE LEFT no sooner after giving Sam Wilson the shield. He told the Falcon to use it well, and the man was crying as soon as Steve turned away to tell everyone else goodbye. Bucky and Evelyn hugged him as well, telling him to wait a bit and they would be following right after him.

Tony managed to use Bucky's arm as inspiration for his own bionic arm. He was excited to have somewhat control over his life again after Thanos. He had been feeling sad that his aunt was leaving him, but then more memories surged forward, and he knew he would see her again one day.

Morgan did not understand much, but Evelyn sat down with her and gave the small girl her suits... notes... and any other thing that connected Evelyn to Venus. She looked her great-niece in the eye and whispered, "You're going to save the world one day. I'm already so proud of you, darling."

When it came to Bucky's therapy, his psychologist did not think going back without forgiving himself was right. He would still be plagued by the memories, and the doctor did not think it would be okay. Bucky took Steve's book, then, spending the next two months avenging those he had wronged as the Winter Soldier. A kind man named Yuri was finally told the truth about his son... being killed by Bucky a while back. Bucky cried a lot during those times, but he told Evelyn and his doctor that he was feeling relieved.

Tony even sat down with him one night, both just letting everything out. Tony had already forgiven Bucky to the best of his ability, but Bucky was glad to have that off his conscience when he returned to face Howard Stark in the flesh. Tony promised that there was nothing they could do when Howard died, and Bucky did not know why Tony was able to break through to him better than Evelyn when it came to Howard. He knew Evelyn was Howard's brother, but she had already lost so much time with him being in the ice. It hurt worse for Tony because that was his father. It also felt better when Tony hugged Bucky, promising to not hold grudges against him any longer.

Tony also managed to get Vision back. It took a while, and he was glad Bruce and Evelyn were there to help Shuri put the android back together. With that, they also made him more... lifelike. Wanda had cried so hard when she saw him. Vision remembered her, and he was just happy to see the witch okay after everything.

Everything was falling into place, and Evelyn knew Bucky was ready. She could not delay it any further. Steve was waiting for them. Peggy. Howard. She smiled softly at the thought.

"Well, Bruce has everything set up," Natasha murmured to Evelyn. Bucky was talking to Sam and Clint a few feet away. "I'm going to miss you, Evelyn."

"Yeah, yeah. You're just gonna miss me kicking your ass," Evelyn teased, grabbing the former assassin's hand. "Have you spoken to Yelena lately?"

Natasha smiled slightly. "Yeah. I'm going to meet her later. Clint is taking us to meet a girl that causing trouble in his life. Kate Bishop. Apparently, she got hold of his old Ronin outfit and caused some people to think Clint was after them again. We're going to deal with it."

"What about Peter? Is he okay after the Mysterio shit?"

Tony walked over then with a smirk. "Kid's upset everyone knows who he is, but we've already fixed up that he did not murder that freak. He hacked my tech. Of course, I knew how to hack it back."

"You think Dr. Strange could make a spell so that it didn't ever get released... his name, I mean?" Evelyn asked.

Natasha shrugged as she stood. "Don't you worry yourself about it, Evelyn. You're going home," she said softly. "It's our mess here. We'll clean it. You go rest."

Tony agreed, the three hugging each other. Evelyn hugged Clint next, the archer muttering how she was always his favorite Stark besides Morgan. Evelyn chuckled, hugging Sam next.

"Make us proud, Captain," Evelyn whispered to him.

He held her tighter. "Keep a leash on your Staring Machine. He might scare some 40s folks."

Bucky rolled his eyes, extending his hand for Evelyn to take. Both had a duffle bag with things they did not want to live without as they stood on the machine. Tony let a tear fall, waving as Evelyn locked eyes on him.

"Bye, Auntie Icicle," Tony muttered to himself, but Evelyn could read his lips. A tear fell down her own cheek as suddenly, they were gone. Bucky held Evelyn's hand tightly as they were sucked through the Quantum Realm, being shot out in a village of nice mansions and houses.

Evelyn's eyes widened at the house in front of her.

Bucky took in the unfamiliar surroundings with a raised brow, not releasing Evelyn's hand. "Where are we?"

"Home," Evelyn whispered, leading Bucky up the pathway to her childhood home. Her Mum and Dad were dead, but she had an inkling that Howard was here. She sped up her pace, practically forcing the front door open. "Howard!? Howie!? Where are you!?"

Her voice echoed around the large foyer. Stairs were in front of her leading to the upper floors. Her eyes widened as she felt Bucky place his arms around her waist, leaning his head on hers. At the top of the stairs, Peggy and Steve were standing there with matching beaming grins. Next to them, a man stood there with his hands in his pockets. His mustache was as clean as ever. His eyes were welling up with tears that resembled Evelyn's.

"Welcome home, Lynnie," Howard's voice trailed down to her ears. "Welcome home."