lxv. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛

EVELYN GROANED as an Outrider jumped out of nowhere, landing on her. She screamed in fright just as a metal arm reached over to the alien creature. She watched with wide eyes as Bucky tore its head off, not wasting a second in reaching to lift his wife up. He nodded once at her before picking up his gun from the ground and continuing the fighting. Evelyn turned, doing the same with her fallen staff.

Neither was up for long as she saw the Outriders' number grow. It seemed they were coming out of nowhere now, and she felt it was too much for them. Her eyes flickered to Bucky being taken down, keeping his hands up to make sure the Outriders did not practically eat his face. Evelyn's head snapped over when she saw Cull Obsidian's hammer bang loudly on Rhodey's suit—sending him to rhe ground. Evelyn was taken down next, again fighting for her life. Steve was down. T'Challa was down. Bruce was down. Everyone was down. They were losing.

"There's too many of them!" Bruce shouted her thoughts. "AHHH!!"

Evelyn's eyes shut as she prepared for death just like that.

Then, suddenly a large beam of rainbow-hued light landed with a loud boom in the middle of the battlefield. An ax flew out of it, killing every Outrider that was on the Avengers and Wakandans. Evelyn breathed out a sigh of relief when she was uncovered. She sat up on her elbows, eyes narrowing at the figure coming out of the hue right as the ax flew into his hands.

Thor. A raccoon. A tree.

Evelyn grinned at the God, feeling a weight lifted off of her chest as she began to stand up.

Bruce opened his helmet when he managed to stand, a wide grin on his face as well. "AH-hahaha! You guys are so screwed now!"

Thor did not glance at the Avengers yet as he stared at the battle in front of him. He began to run with the raccoon and tree before shouting, "BRING ME THANOS!"

As he screamed, he flew into the air with lightning crackling around him brighter than Evelyn had ever seen before. He landed on the ground, bringing his ax down with him—taking out a hoarde of Outriders in one swing. She grinned at Steve when he caught her eye. They were going to be okay.

Evelyn and Bucky met up again, close by to Steve. She felt a new surge of energy through her as she landed on another alien. Steve and Bucky locked eyes for a moment, amusement dancing in them when Evelyn laughed maniacally as she killed some more aliens.

Evelyn watched in curiosity as the raccoon landed near her, using his own gun to shoot the aliens around Bucky and herself. "Come and get some, space dogs!" he shouted. Bucky noticed another wave coming near them, and Evelyn had to force herself not to laugh when Bucky yelled for her to duck. Doing so, she watched Bucky pick up the raccoon to hold him at arm's length and twirl in a circle as he and the raccoon shot and killed every creature in their area. "Come on, get some, get some! Come on, get some!" The raccoon shouted again before Bucky placed him back on the ground. Bucky quickly helped up Evelyn as she bit back a laugh.

"That was oddly satisfying," she told him with a cheeky grin.

"Don't speak of it," Bucky told her just as the raccoon glanced at them with an impressed gleam in his eyes.

"How much for the gun?" he asked Bucky.

Bucky lifted the gun to shoot again as he replied, "Not for sale."

"Okay, how much for the arm?" Bucky gave him a look before stalking off. The raccoon's eyes met Evelyn's as he said, "Oh, I'll get that arm."

Evelyn grinned his way before rushing off when she saw Steve fighting too many at once. As soon as Evelyn got there, Thor landed right next to them with a soft smile on his face as he met Evelyn's eyes.