lxiv. 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜

EVELYN MANAGED to help Bruce into his Hulkbuster suit Tony had made so long ago. Her heart began to ache at the thought of Tony. She had heard from Steve that the aliens had attacked New York first, taking Tony, Peter Parker, and a Dr. Strange—the apparent owner of the Time Stone to space. She only hoped Tony was okay because she could not picture her life without him. Sighing quietly, Bruce noticed her defeated stance.

"How was the wedding?" Bruce tried, hoping to see a smile on her face.

Evelyn did smile, a bit sadly, however. "It was not really a wedding. More so just us signing papers to make it official. Shuri had someone cook for us, wine and all. It was simple enough to get the job done. I wanted to be Mrs. Barnes officially, and it was done."

Bruce nodded. "I'm glad. He seems... nice."

"He's a softie. Don't let the arm scare you," she teased, tapping his suit once. "You're all good to go."

She watched Bruce walk down the hallways oddly to get outside where the others were waiting. Before Evelyn could leave the lab, Wanda had grabbed her arm. Evelyn turned to face her, bringing her in for a hug.

"Calm down," she whispered to the witch. "Be positive. He'll be fine."

"I love him," she revealed what Evelyn already knew about Wanda and Vision. "What if we don't make it?"

Evelyn did not know what to say. She did not want to promise anything. Backing away, she cupped Wanda's cheeks. "Go look after him. We'll take care of things out here."

Wanda nodded a bit brokenly before turning and walking off.

"Eve?"

Evelyn turned, smiling at Steve. "Yeah?"

"We're going," he told her quietly. He extended his hand for her to take, and she did. "You okay?"

"After everything I've been through—everything he's been through—you're telling me this is how we die?" she said with a mocking smile.

He shook his head. "We'll win, Eve. We always do... good always prospers in the end."

"I hope you're right."

They walked outside, seeing jets ready to fly them out toward the edge of the dome. Bucky was waiting on one of them, looking a bit apprehensive. When he caught Steve and Evelyn, he smiled softly. Evelyn dropped Steve's hand, taking Bucky's when he offered it to get onto the jet.

Okoye was standing near T'Challa and Ayo as she smirked at Evelyn's face paint that Shuri had done. She had not looked at it properly yet. "You are ready for another battle?"

Evelyn laughed quietly. "Definitely."

Buckt tightened his hold on his girl as the jet began to take off. Sam and Rhodey flew overhead while Bruce ran in his large suit behind them.

"How we looking, Bruce?" Natasha asked.

Bruce laughed. "Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Wow! It's like being the Hulk without actually—" he tripped, falling over a rock. He managed to stand and rush forward. "I'm okay. I'm okay."

As the many warriors began to file out of the carriers, Rhodey flew close to the border of the dome. "I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line."

"Thank you for standing with us," T'Challa said when he made it to M'Baku. Evelyn stayed close to Bucky and Steve as they stood in the front of the large armies.

M'Baku nodded. "Of course, brother."

Steve glanced at Evelyn as he, Natasha, and T'Challa began to walk forward. She narrowed her eyes, following after them to see exactly who was in charge of the hurt on their planet. She knew it was aliens, but she wanted to see their faces. The woman slashed her sword through the barrier to test the strength, and she scowled.