lxxxii. 𝚍𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

EVELYN LANDED beneath Bruce harshly as he forced himself to let her go. He had to in order to hold up debris from crushing them all. Evelyn coughed, having her mask remove itself to look around properly at who was there with them. Then, water began leaking, and she knew they would either die from being crushed or from drowning. Neither was a way she wanted to go.

Evelyn noticed Rocket and Rhodey near each other. She also saw both in a dire situation. Rocket was being crushed while Rhodey was being suffocated in his suit. She tried to get up, but she felt a twinge in her ankle that seemed to always bother her at the most horrible moments. Pulling herself into a crawl, she made it closer to Rocket just as Rhodey called for the suit to release him.

"I can't breathe. I can't breathe! I can't breathe," Rocket yelled. Rhodey crawled himself over as well, looking at Evelyn to help get the raccoon to safety.

"Rhodey, Rocket, Evelyn get outta here!" Bruce yelled in fright.

"Hurry up! Hurry up! Come on!" Rocket yelled to the pair. Evelyn gulped, using a piece of debris as leverage. Rhodey did the same, both pushing with all their might. Rocket managed to get out, all three sighing in relief. It was too soon, for they heard Bruce shout Evelyn's name too late.

The water that was leaking broke through, causing a flood. They were being buried alive with the water, drowning imminent.

"Mayday, mayday! Does anybody copy?" Rhodey tried in the communication devices.

"We're in the lower level, it's flooding!" Evelyn cried out, not ever being in a situation where there was nothing she could do. Her enhanced mind and strength did nothing to get them out of this situation. They were going to die due to the comms not reaching the surface.

"What?" a crackled voice responded.

"We're drowning! Does anybody copy? Mayday!"

"Wait! I'm here! I'm here, can you hear me?" Evelyn could hear through the static that it was Scott. She screamed for help, the others joining in until their voices were raw. They saved their energy, breathing as much as they could as the water rose at a rapid rate.

"I-It was Thanos," Evelyn said over the rushing water. "The missile. I don't know how, but I could feel it just like we felt it in Wakanda."

Rhodey grew even tenser as he reached for his suit to make sure the functions were still working. There was a fight above. "If he's up there, who's to say there are enough of us to fight him? What if it's Tony alone?"

"What if there's no one and he already has the stones," Rocket grumbled in anger as he hugged Evelyn to keep himself afloat. Evelyn winced at that thought just as a splash made them all grow quiet. Evelyn saw it first, the bubbles moving toward them. Suddenly, a small face appeared, jumping onto Bruce's hand when he could.

"We gotta get up there," Scott told them as he was tiny in his Ant-Man suit. Evelyn felt relief. "I'll go Mega-Scott. You all just need to hang on to each other while Dr. Banner hangs onto me."

"You sure about this?" Rhodey asked.

"Who cares!?" Rocket yelled. "Either that or we die down here. Go Mega, Puppy!"

Evelyn grinned. "Okay, gather yourselves. Let's go." Rhodey managed to get into his suit, holding onto Bruce. Evelyn grabbed Rocket's gun to give it to him and placed him on Rhodey's shoulder. She fixed her helmet, nodding once at Scott as he jumped into the water to go big. She grabbed Bruce's other arm tightly just as a rumble began underneath them.

Scott began to grow big, and as his hand began to pass, Bruce jumped into it. They allowed Scott to close his hand for safety as they grew with him. Rhodey had the suit restart to clear the waterlogged functions. Rocket made sure his gun was ready, and Evelyn narrowed her eyes as a voice appeared in her comms.

"Is that everyone?"

"What, you wanted more?"

At that precise moment, Scott broke through the rubble while opening his hand to allow the Avengers to fall. Evelyn's eyes met Steve's first due to him being in front of the now large army. When she saw the relief in his eyes, she managed to come to her senses, looking around in haste for the man she could never stop dreaming about.

Bucky's eyes were already on her figure.

She grinned as Steve yelled, "AVENGERS!" with his hand outstretched. Mjolnir was summoned into his hand just as Evelyn jumped down from Scott's hold. "Assemble."

A roar was heard from both sides as the battle began, but Evelyn only had one thing on her mind. She ran as quick as she could through the mass of people, good and bad. Her suit ignited at her touch, releasing a blade to slay the Outriders in her way. Nothing would get in her way. Not anymore.

Her anger was not to be matched by anyone in Thanos's army. Not even Thanos himself.

The first person she got to before Bucky was Sam, and Evelyn could not stop the smile that spread on her face. "Hey, darling," she greeted as the two fought a group of Chitauri.

"Hello," Sam greeted back, sending the enemy flying into the air into a Levithian that Scott was fighting. It was silent in their presence for a moment before the two let out a laugh at the sight. Sam used his wings to slice another as he whooped in a victory that the group they were fighting was all dead. "Go get your man, Evelyn," Sam chirped with a teasing tone as he saw her eyes scanning the field again.

"Cap, what do you want me to do with this damn thing!?" Clint yelled out just as Evelyn finally found where Bucky was fighting. She ran at the fastest speeds her supersoldier serum would allow.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!" Steve yelled back but Bruce redirected the statement.

"NO! We need to get them back where they came from!"

Evelyn looked at the compound as she ran. "No way to get them back," she informed them.

Tony agreed. "She's right. Thanos destroyed the Quantum Tunnel."

"Hold on!" Scott yelled, and they all saw him shrink from Mega-Ant. "That wasn't our only time machine."

Just as Evelyn made it to Bucky, the sounds of La Cucaracha were played. Bucky turned when he heard Evelyn's footsteps land. His eyes widened at how different but beautiful she looked. He did not believe Strange when he said five years, but by the look on her distraught face, it had to have been.

"Hey, baby," Evelyn whispered with a smile.

"Hey, doll," Bucky said back.