lv. 𝚒𝚛𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚟𝚜. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚛

EVELYN FLINCHED as Tony suddenly turned to fight Bucky. Steve stopped him, saying, "Tony. Tony."

Tony's voice was heavy and angry and filled with no remorse for what was to come. "Did you know?"

"I didn't know it was him," Steve lied. Evelyn could hear the lie. How could Steve not tell her when he found out?

Evelyn turned slowly, her eyes flickering to Bucky. His gaze was at the ground—too ashamed to even look at the woman he loved. He had killed her brother. He had hurt her in more ways than one. He never had the heart to tell her before, and now, he wished he had.

"Don't bullshit me, Rogers! Did you know?" Tony yelled in his face.

"Yes."

Tony nodding, his chin moving up as he seemed to twitch in anger. He turned to face Evelyn, prepared to yell at her as well until he saw the absolute broken look in her eyes. She looked lost. Absolutely lost. "Did you know?" he asked her quietly.

Evelyn shook her head—words not quite managing to come out at the moment.

Suddenly, Tony's helmet flipped over his head as he punched an unprepared Steve to the ground. Bucky immediately aimed his gun and fired at Tony, which Tony managed to deflect and disarm him quickly. Evelyn's eyes widened at them, turning her head to see Zemo walking away. This is what he wanted. This is what he wanted. She would not give him the satisfaction.

Tony grabbed Bucky's arm to dodge a punch, wrapping his armored hand around Bucky's neck. He flew across the chamber with Bucky and slammed him on the ground, stomping his foot on his chest and aiming his blaster at him.

Evelyn yelled out, "Tony! Stop it!" just as Steve threw his shield to have Tony miss his mark. She ran forward just as Steve shoved his shield into him to throw Tony back. Tony landed in a crouched position and managed to punch Steve back to the ground. He then shot out shackles that latched around Steve's ankles to keep him down. Evelyn made it to Tony just as Bucky sent a punch up Tony's jaw. "James!" Tony sent his hand back, punching Evelyn in the stomach to send her flying across the room with her own set of shackles around her wrists.

She watched as Tony flew with Bucky again, holding him at his neck to a wall while firing up his blasters again. This time, Bucky used his metal arm to pull Tony's hand away from his face and broke the sensor. Evelyn watched as Steve threw his shield at her, so she held her hands up as the shackles released her wrists. Tony prepared to send a rocket at Bucky, but Bucky managed to direct it elsewhere. This made the fireball land on the towering structures. Evelyn grabbed Steve's shield and broke his ankles free as she handed him his shield back. They ran away from the falling towers toward Tony and Bucky.

The towers managed to separate Tony and Bucky, Bucky landing right next to Evelyn. His pained eyes met hers as she said, "You have to get out of here before he kills you. I'll find you." Bucky nodded as she sent him a small smile to show she still loved him. She could not let his Winter Soldier days affect them... he was not that man anymore. It hurt. She needed time to really let the fact sink in that her husband killed her brother... but she could not let it ruin them—not when she just got him back.

"Get out of here!" Steve told him the same. "Go with him, Evelyn! I don't want you getting hurt."

Bucky began to run, and Tony tried to shoot at him but missed. Steve landed in a crouched position between them just as Bucky opened the overhead door with a push of a button. He began to climb the structures above.

"It wasn't him, Tony. Hydra had control of his mind!" Steve shouted as Tony hovered slightly in the air. Evelyn stayed on the side, tears leaving her eyes at how fucked this situation had become. She could not fight Tony. She would not fight Bucky or Steve. It was the worse situation she had ever been involved with.