lxxvii. 𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚞𝚖 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚖

WEARING HER Quantum Suit, Evelyn sat on the bar in the kitchen sipping on some orange juice (totally not mixed with a bit of champagne to ease her nerves). Tony walked into the room with Rhodey at his side while they spoke about the plans. It seemed all the Avengers could do was talk about the plans to make them feel better. They only had one shot at it, after all.

Tony grabbed Evelyn's glass as he passed her, taking a sip and making a face at the taste. "You trying to get drunk? Jesus, Lynnie."

Evelyn smirked. "I have a high tolerance. Besides, it's just for my nerves."

"This seems impossible, but I trust you more than most," Rhodey commented to the pair. "Both of you, but I have to admit seeing you drinking your nerves makes my nerves a bit spiked. Got anymore?" Evelyn snickered, pointing to the pitcher she made that was sitting on the counter. Rhodey made himself and Tony a glass.

Tony snorted. "There was a time where the Rhodey I knew would never drink on the job," he said referring to the many times Rhodey accompanied Tony to business trips. Rhodey nudged Tony with a smirk.

"Times have changed, Tone. A toast to bringing everyone back?" The three lifted their glasses, clinking them once.

Steve walked in at that moment, and Evelyn noticed his eyes narrowing on the drinks. "Shit! Drink!" She quickly downed the drink just before Steve could grab the glass. "Hiya, Stevie-poo."

Steve gave her a look. "Come on. We have a world to save. We can celebrate later."

"Aye, aye, Capsicle," Tony said with a flirty smirk and a salute. Evelyn grinned, for once the compound feeling like home with the witty banter and laughter from the others who were walking in.

Natasha leaned on Tony. "Better watch it, Stark, Captain is being a bit moody today."

Evelyn noticed Steve's frown. "He's just worried. He has every right to be moody, but c'mon, Stevie. We're gonna do this." She reached for his hand, linking their fingers together. "We're the freaking Avengers! We can do anything!"

"Let's do this," Clint said with a grin.

The Avengers grouped up near the time machine, all being silent now as the nerves truly bubbled over. Steve noticed this, taking control as he did so well. Looking at all of his teammates, he began his speech. "Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Steve and Tony locked eyes with a familiar feeling etched in that one look. "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

Rocket nudged Evelyn. "He's pretty good at that."

Scott agreed in an excited manner, "Right?"

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green," Tony said, not wasting any more time in getting the mission started.

Bruce pressed a few buttons on the machine before making his way over the stand with the team. "Tractors engaged."

Rocket gave the shrunken ship to Clint with narrowed eyes. "You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?"

Clint did not look too confident as he replied, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll do my best!" Evelyn bit back a laugh at the worry that came over Rocket's face.

"As promises go, that was pretty lame."

Natasha was grinning as she shook a bit in excitement. "See you in a minute."

Evelyn felt herself be shrunken and pulled apart all at once as they went through the Quantum Realm using the time machine. Her eyes wanted to close in fear, but she kept them open to remember every moment. She wanted to tell Bucky everything.

It was beautifully terrifying; that was the only way she could put it. There was so much she wanted to look around at, but there was such little time to memorize it all. Before she even had a chance to make herself take that mental picture, she was being blasted downward and unsteadily landing on her feet next to Tony, Steve, Bruce, and Scott in New York during the battle against Loki.

Evelyn's Quantum Suit retracted so that she was wearing her old uniform from the 40s, but it was upgraded from Tony. She grinned as she cracked her neck while listening to Scott mumbling to himself about how cool that was.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock," Steve said, tapping a few buttons so that his suit retracted as well. Evelyn knew Bruce was going to head to the Sanctum Sanctorium while the other four go to find the two uptown. She knew Bruce would be fine on his own, but she asked him once more if he would have liked her to come with him. He declined politely just as the 2012 Hulk came crashing past them, smashing all he could as he kept going.

Evelyn snorted a laugh as their Bruce looked away in embarrassment.

"No, I think you're right. You'll be fine," Evelyn said with a smirk. "Feel free to smash a few things along the way."

Bruce rolled his eyes at her words, though he was definitely amused. "I think it's gratuitous, but whatever," he stated while ripping off his shirt while making grunting noises as if he was the angry Hulk from 2012. He smashed a motorcycle with no energy behind the throw. Evelyn grinned, glad she could find humor in this situation.