lxxx. 𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝

THE FAMILIAR sickness of landing abruptly in a foreign place grew over Evelyn as she clutched to Tony's arm. She took a deep breath, glad they all made it in one piece and together. Evelyn grinned a bit at the sight in front of her. Camp Lehigh in all its glory was still running, though it looked different. She could tell it was the same feeling of nostalgia washing over Steve as Tony glanced between the pair.

"Clearly, you both weren't actually born here, right?" Tony said with a smirk.

"The idea of me was," Steve answered. "Her life's work might as well have been here as well."

The three changed into different outfits to match with the 70s look that was going on there. Steve changed into a military uniform while Tony put on a nice suit he stole from someone lying in a closet nearby. Evelyn almost grinned as she did the same thing, only this time she was able to wear an outfit she felt comfortable in. A skirt. Heels. A nice blouse. She twirled, feeling a giddiness course through her. Steve and Tony chuckled a bit at her antics.

"It seems so long ago, but I remember right when I was defrosted, I complained so much about how fashion had changed," Evelyn told the pair. "I missed my skirts and heels from the 40s."

Tony grinned until he remembered something. "Dad might be around."

Evelyn's smile dropped as she glanced at Steve. "So might Peggy."

It was quiet. Tony sighed before stating, "Friday, facial changer."

In an instant, Evelyn's face changed only slightly but enough to fool anyone that she was not Evelyn Stark. They all nodded at each other. Walking out of the broom closet they were hiding in to change, they walked out into the camp with furrowed eyebrows, looking for the base. Steve and Evelyn had a moment of clarity.

"Right. Well, imagine you're S.H.I.E.L.D., running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organization. Where do you hide it?"

"In plain sight," Steve and Evelyn said together, remembering how they and Natasha had broken into this facility a decade ago. It felt like forever. She remembered learning about Bucky a decade ago. Time never seemed to stop. She hated it.

Once the three made it to the secret elevator, they were met with awkward silence from a lady with a clipboard. She seemed to see right through them that they were not supposed to be in there. Evelyn and Tony hid Steve's face as best as they could.

Once the elevator dinged on a floor, Tony and Evelyn began to exit. Tony mumbled to Steve, "Good luck on your mission, Captain."

Steve, while waiting to get to Hank Pym's floor, stayed in the elevator. Fear coursed through them because they were separating with the great chance that they would see people they should not but wanted to see. "Good luck on your project, Dr. ... Potts. Dr. ... Dugan."

As the elevator closed, Tony smirked at Evelyn. "Am I Potts or Dugan?"

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "You'll never be Dugan, trust me. Dugan was an enigma on his own."

"I'm sensing a lover's quarrel?"

"Wrong. Just an old friend that was a piece of work," she said while laughing, "but if you want to be Dugan to sound more manly, go for it."

Tony snickered at her words, opening a door to a lab. He grinned, feeling successful already. Evelyn's steady hand on his shoulder reminded him not to get too excited yet. They still had to find it. Using his glasses, he began to see through boxes.

"Anything?" Evelyn murmured.

Just as Tony found it, they heard another voice. "Gotcha. Back in the game." Evelyn must have heard it before Tony because she was already trying to pull him and the briefcase with the Tesseract now sitting in it away from this lab. Both began walking faster toward what they hoped was an exit just as Evelyn felt her blood freeze at the voice.