33. Her innocent plea.

Isha's POV,

I got dressed which Arshad bought for me. It looks beautiful. I look beautiful. Today was the mehndi function in sabiya's house. Arshad said that the function was going to be grand and he wanted me to look best.

I walk out of the room. Riya and jiya already got ready earlier and went with their other cousins as they have to practice their dance performance.

I stood in the hall beside Amma Jaan who was waiting for others.

"You look pretty isha..." Amma complimented as she glances at me. I smiled in response. "Arshad Sofia, come fast we are getting late." She yelled. And just then they both walk out of their room. My eyes stopped as I stared at sofia baaji. She looks stunning. More beautiful than me.

"Sorry, Amma Jaan... Sofia can't enough of her dressing... She wants to...." He paused as his eyes landed on me. Step halted. "...look best" he completed his sentence. My eyes lowered and my cheeks flushed. He was staring at me openly in front of Amma jaan and Sofia baaji. She was busy adjusting her scarf that she couldn't realise.

"I always look best" Sofia baaji said in a proud tone. "Now come on we are getting late," she said walking toward the door.

"Yes, we are getting late... Everyone is left.. even Asam and Amar left for sabiya's house a few minutes ago" Amma jaan also walk behind Sofia baji.

I step toward the front door but just then he stopped me by holding my wrist. "You didn't need to look this breathtaking isha" he breathed the words making a shiver run down my spine. I look down blushing. "How am I suppose to leave you alone?" He groaned and muttered. I smiled shyly. He held my chin and made me look at him "you will be the death of me girl" Arshad whispered before pecking my lips. My heart skips its beat and goosebumps rise all over my body. I still couldn't used of his affection and touches although it made me feel good still it made me shiver as well.

"You better stay around me" he whispered before putting his hand on my back and guided me out of the house. His compliment and reaction makes me feel easy and beautiful. I smile happily.

He sat in front with Sofia baji while I sat with Amma jaan.

Arshad began the car and we were on our way to the venue. I was looking out of the window. The weather looks fresh and calm. The sun has drowned already and it gives a little more beautiful look to the evening nature. A slight smile touches my lips. My eyes went to the rearview mirror unexpectedly and I found my husband staring at me through the mirror. My smile widened and my cheeks glowed. Sofia baaji was busy on her mobile and Amma jaan was talking to Asam bhai on the call and we were busy staring at each other. I gesture him to look in front and mouth. "We don't want an accident" he took his mobile and type something and just then my mobile vibrant.

"I've already met with an accident. And there is no way I could recover easily"

He made a fake pout making a giggle left my mouth. "Cheesy" I mouthed before looking out of the window shaking my head not wanting to be obvious.

We arrived after few more minutes. We got out of the car and walk inside.

Suddenly I felt a pang in my chest. I shouldn't have but still, I was feeling hurt. Sofia baaji sank her arms around his and they both walk inside the house as a perfect couple while I was walking alone behind them. Amma jaan was in front of them.

...................

Author's pov

The function was going on everyone did the rasam (ritual) Sofia and Arshad was busy with the guest and with the Groom and bride.