10. I never thought.

Arshad's POV,

"Allah mera baccha agya (Allah! my son is here)" Amma jaan exclaimed taking me in her arms.

"Yes, Amma jaan your son is back," I said hugging my mother back. She pulled back and kissed my forehead.

"Don't leave your old mother like this Arshad. Now I don't like my children away from me at this age" she said with teary eyes.

"Amma jaan you're not that old. So please don't pity your young self" I chuckled and earn a slap on my arms.

"Where is sofia?" She asked.

"She went to her mother's. Actually, a couple of days ago her mother fainted so she couldn't wait and asked fariya to fetch her from the airport" I informed as we settled on the living room's sofa.

"Then you should also go with her Arshad. She is your mother in law" Amma jaan said in a scolding tone.

"If she couldn't wait to meet her mother then how could I?" I asked with an innocent face. I was missing my mother and couldn't wait to meet her so I decided that I will meet Sofia's mother when I will go to fetch sofia.

Amma jaan gives me sharp look. "Amma jaan I will meet her mother in the evening when I will go to bring sofia," I said in a convincing tone. She shrugged shaking her head but smile again pecking my forehead.

"I'm so happy that you came"

"How would I not? It's my brother's wedding" I said and that's when I heard someone shrieking.

"BHAI!!!" Asam ran toward me as he entered the house. I stood up and hugged my brother.

"You should tell me. I would've come to the airport" he complained.

"I wanted to give you surprised. Anyways, congratulations mera bhai shadi kar raha hai (my brother is going to marry)" I beam with happiness.

We talk about Asam's wedding and sabiya and her family. They were well-known people in this town. And I was happy that Asam loves that girl and marrying her with his choice.

"Isha, beta waha Kyun khadi ho? (why are you standing there?)" Suddenly I heard Amma jaan's voice. Looking in the direction where Amma jaan was looking and found isha standing in the doorway of the living room holding a tray of juice.

"Wo..uh.. Mai...ye juice (I...um.. This juice)" she stuttered nervously staring at the tray.

"Mai ne kab kaha tha aur tum ab arahi ho!" Amar almost yelled making her flinched. Even I was taken aback by his behavior.

"Sorry" I heard isha's mumbling voice.

"Amar" Amma jaan give him a sharp look before looking at isha "come beta" isha walk toward her and put the tray on the table before turning back to go. "Isha, beta can you cook biryani for Arshad? He loves biryani" Amma jaan asked with a smile.

"Ye...yes.. I will" she replied with a small smile and walk away from there.

***********

In the evening I went to get sofia. I spent a couple of hours with her family and then we took our leave.

"Amma jaan isn't angry with me, is she?" Sofia asked on way to our house.

"Why would she angry?" I asked confusingly.

"I went to meet my family before yours so mom said Amma jaan will be offended"

"Sofia.. If I can go to meet my family first then you can also. If I was missing my mother and brother then you were too. So there is no way anyone could angry about this. In fact, Amma jaan said why I didn't go with you to meet your family first" I said.