39. Anniversary

Assalamualaikum.

How are you all?
I hope you all are fine.

First of all, I'm very sorry for disappearing like this. Many things happen in the last two months. Nothing bad but still...😓 first, my pregnancy sickness and mood swings. Second I was not in town. So I hope you guys will forgive me☹

----------------------

Author's POV.

Sofia's flight was booked tomorrow and she was busy with her preparation while Arshad was busy preparing a surprise for her. Today was their 5th anniversary and Sofia forget that cause of her busy schedule or else it was always her who throw a party for their anniversary or his birthdays.

She went to her mother's to spend some time with her family and Arshad got the opportunity to give her a surprise party.

"Are you done?" Arshad steps into the kitchen.

"Almost" isha replied without looking at him and continuing her work. A wide smile appeared on his lips when his eyes fell on the beautiful cake.

"It's beautiful and looking delicious" he stood behind her holding her shoulder and complimenting her handmade cake. Isha looked up over her shoulder and smiled.

"Sachi? Sofia baji will like it?" She asked with enthusiasm like a little kid. He dabs her nose.

"Surely, She will" Isha breathed out and again turn to make it perfect while Arshad couldn't stop himself from falling for this girl even more. She was making his and Sofia's 5th-anniversary cake with so much purity and contentment.

He bend leaned a little and place a peck on her temple before walking out of the kitchen while isha just smile at his gesture. It had become normal for him to express his love every chance he get.

--------------

"Sofia bhabi is here!" Running inside Amar yelled to alert everyone.

"Ok guys keep quiet. Amar go switch off the lights!" Arshad commanded and in no time everyone becomes silent.

Sofia entered the house and for a second she stood there confused and surprised by the silence and darkness of the house.

"Happy Anniversary!!!!" She was still in a daze when everyone shouted at once making her startled. Arshad walks in front of her with a beautiful bouquet in his hand.

"Happy 5th Anniversary, baby" taking her hand in his he placed a kiss before giving her that bouquet. Finally getting out of her shock she exclaimed.

"OH MY GOD!!" She was shocked that Arshad threw a party for their anniversary or else it was always her who does those things. She was happy that he did all this to make her feel special or else Sofia was little hurt that he was not going with her but taking it practically she didn't express her feeling but Arshad knew she was hurt even though she agreed but still she was not happy going all alone to Dubai. "You did all this for me!" She asked looking around. The decoration was according to her taste and all her friends and family including her parents and sister were present there.

"Of course, I did all this for you. Today is our 5th anniversary after all." He replied smiling at her.

"Oh, God! Arshad, I love you. And happy anniversary to you too" she wished him while hugging.

"Now go and get ready aapi. We want to celebrate" her sister shouted getting their attention.

Sofia nodded and went to her room to get ready. Arshad smiled in relief seeing her truly happy. He never wants to hurt her. She was his first love, first wife.