11. You are not maid.

Isha's POV,

"It's beautiful Amma jaan," I said looking at the jewelry sets she was planning to give sabiya.

"Really? Do you think she will love it?" Amma jaan asked with an unsure look.

"Of course, she will... It's beautiful" I smile assuring her.

"I don't know beta... Nowadays girls like to choose their accessories on their own. Who knows what her taste is?" Amma jaan was still feeling unsure. She wanted to impress her daughter-in-law on her engagement day.

"Don't think too much Amma jaan it's beautiful trust me and she will love it" smiling I reassured her.

Next week had Asam bhai's engagement. And we all were preparing for the grand engagement party. It has been two weeks since Arshad comes back. He didn't talk to me directly even though I wasn't expecting but still, I wanted him to speak to me. He didn't change, he still ignores me like he used to. He tried to makes less interaction with me which somehow hurt me but I kept quiet. There was no way trying to talk to him when I know he will never notice me. He will never accept me.

"Isha, look at this" After some time Amma jaan comes to the bed holding another jewelry set in her hand. "How is this? I was thinking to give this to Sofia for quite some time now" she shows me an elegant pearl necklace and jhumka (earings)

"Wow" an admired look spread on my face. My mouth slightly open and my eyes widened.

"By looking at you I can tell sofia will like it" Amma Jaan chuckled at my reaction. I close my mouth and smile in embarrassment.

"Ye bahot khubsurat hai Amma jaan (it's really beautiful)" I compliment with a smile on my face.

"It's my one of wedding jewelry," she said smiling at the set.

She showed me some dresses and I help her in wrapping them neatly. Amma jaan not only giving sabiya gifts but sofia baaji too. She loves and adores her daughters-in-law. I didn't want to but still, I felt a pang of hurt in my chest. They were having all the love and respect for being the daughters in law of this house. even I was also one of the daughters in law of this house but my fate made me the maid of this house.

"Amma jaan" My head shot toward the door and found Arshad there. Our eyes met and a lone tear escapes my eyes which I didn't realize when filled up in my eyes. Looking down I wipe my cheeks and resume my work.

"Ji betaji (yes my son)" Amma jaan motion him to come to her. He stood there for a few seconds before walking toward her.

"What are you doing?" Arshad asked looking at the mess on the bed.

"I was preparing gifts for my daughters in law" Amma jaan exclaimed.

"Daughters in law?" He asked sitting beside her on the sofa while I was standing in front of the bed doing my work.

"Yes... For Sabiya and sofia" she said grinning.

"Okay... For Sabiya I understand but why Sofia?" He asked confusingly.

"Why means? Mai dikhana chahti hun duniya ko ke wo meri bahuien hai. Rashida Malik ki. Jo apni bahuwo ko zevrat me saja kar rakhti hai raaniyou ki tarha (i want to show the world that they are my daughters-in-law. Rashida malik's, who adorn her daughters in law with jewelleries like a queen)" Amma jaan exclaimed with happiness in her face.

Suddenly the jewelry box I was about to place in a corner slipped from my hand. I sat down and pick that quickly.

"Kya kar rahi ho isha? sambhal ke. Dekho kahi kuch tot to nahi gaya (what are you doing Isha? Be careful. See if something broken)" Amma jaan's stern voice came. Which indicates that she was offended because of my clumsiness. A sorrowful lump formed in my throat which I gulped immediately before answering.