8. Maid

Arshad's POV,

I never look back at her. Yes, I never did. Why would I? If I did then it would give her false hope which I didn't want.

I saw her standing in the corner of the living room but when I saw her, her eyes were on sofia and Amar with a frown on her face as they were saying goodbyes. But before her eyes again landed on me I averted. I wanted her to know that she didn't have to wait for me. She should focus on herself, her studies

I went to her room when she was in the washroom and put that envelope which she refused to take. I couldn't just leave her without any money. I know amma jaan will take care of her expenses but still, I couldn't forget that she was my responsibility.

"Finally we came back" sofia exclaimed as our car stopped in front of our apartment. We went inside and our servant brought our bags.

"You don't like to live with our family do you?" I asked sitting on the sofa. She stood in front of me with a smile on her face.

"Honestly, I love it when you and I are alone. In our home. So, I can get you all for myself." She said throwing her arms around my neck. I held her by her waist. I smile as she pecks my lips.

"Baby please bring me coffee my head is aching," I said as she sat beside me.

"Baby I'm too tired. Tell Sara she will bring you coffee. I'm going to take shower" saying this she headed toward our room. I shrugged and walk toward the kitchen.

After saying Sara to bring me coffee I went to my room. I called Amma jaan and told her about our arrival before laying on the bed closing my eyes. I felt calm and relax here without any worry.

*************

Isha's POV,

"Amma jaan your tea" I put the tray on the nightstand before taking out her medicine. "After this take your medicine," I said putting the medicine on the same tray. "Today I need to go early because I have a test" I informed her.

"And I'm sure you did your preparation enough to beat your all the classmates," she said with a smile on her face. I grin before nodding.

"Okay Amma jaan I'm going please don't forget to take your medicines after lunch as well. And don't take before lunch on an empty stomach, doctor strictly prevented doing that "I reminded and ready to go when she called me.

"Isha, beta here take this" she grabs an envelope and gives me. I take it and walk toward my room with the envelope gripping in my hand that had the money I know. As it was 1st day of the month she gives everyone -their servants- their salary. Whenever she gives me I felt hurt but in her part she was right. I do their work. I took care of her so why wouldn't she pay me. I wasn't her relative neither I was her daughter nor daughter in law. Which certainly I was but not for the world. So, I didn't have any rights to say that I will take care of her without a salary. Moreover, I needed to pay for my expenses cause I didn't have any mahram here who could take care of my expenses.

I open the drawer and put that envelope beside the one which was already placed there since one and half years. I never used his money it was still there. I never called on the number he gave me. I never heard anything from him. He probably forgets about me. I saw the picture inside the drawer and pick up.

"But I can't forget you. You may have another wife but for me your only one who is my mahram, who is my husband. I can't forget you even after years I will be still here where you left me as your wife. Though I'm not waiting for you because I know, you won't come back for me. " I caress his photo frame and a small smile come to my lips. "And I'm happy that you're happy. Amma jaan often talks about you and sofia baaji. Sorry, han.. I eavesdrop her conversation with your brothers sometimes." I chuckled as I remember their last conversation about him. "I heard you want a baby," I said staring at his still eyes. "I will pray to Allah. Insha Allah, he will bless you with a beautiful child soon"