16. Engagement party / Hum (we)

Assalamualaikum.

Hey people.

Here is the first longest chapter of this story.

Enjoy💗

************

Isha's POV,

Everywhere filled joy in the air. Everyone was smiling. Tomorrow was a big day for Maliks. Tomorrow will be a grand engagement of Malik's second son's Asam malik. The shine on their face was telling their happiness. Amma jaan was happy that she will get the second daughter in law. Sofia Baaji was happy cause sabiya has become a really good friend of her and she was like her standard. Amar forgets everything and chose to focus on his brother's engagement. He was also happy and I was thankful to Allah that he hadn't come to me and didn't do anything to annoy me. I heard Amar had asked forgiveness from his elder brother and they both were doing good now.

Arshad was also happy. He was busy in his office and I see him less for a few days. I decided to take a cab to my college and I was travelling by taxi or auto nowadays cause Arshad began leaving for his office without taking me neither he comes to fetch me.

He becomes changed. He was giving me cold shoulder. He was no longer caring and sweet Arshad. He didn't even give me a single glance. And his ignorance was hurting me to the core. I couldn't tolerate his cold behaviour toward me. I know I shouldn't have talked to him like that. I didn't have any right to questioned him. He was right, he was clear from the beginning and I was wrong to blame him. My all the bubbles had busted. And I accepted my fate in all those days.

"Isha, take this and go with sofia and Arshad to sabiya's house," Amma jaan said handing me few gifts wrapped bags. I held them.

"Me?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Yes, Isha you. we need to send a few important things before engagement and sofia and Arshad can't hold everything, so you go with them" Amma jaan said and walk away from there.

I stood there until I heard sofia baaji calling my name. I headed out of the house with those bags. Upon reaching I saw him getting inside the car. Sofia Baaji looks back at me.

"Come on isha we are getting late" she yelled before getting inside. I walk to the car and open back seat door and sat inside. Arshad began the engine while I fisted my dupatta in nervousness. This was probably the first time in all those days we were in one place and he couldn't run away from me.

"Do you remember our engagement, baby?" After some time I heard sofia baaji's voice.

"Hmm" Arshad replied. I was looking out of the window but their conversion made me look at them.

"You know Isha, my engagement was the best engagement of the town at that time? Arshad again proposes me on our engagement. getting on his knees he wore me an engagement ring. All the girls who were present there almost died in jealousy" she said while laughing. Her eyes twinkling. I smile seeing her happy face. At least she got her happiness. "And what else can they do, Other than jealous.? Cause Arshad is mine" she exclaimed holding his hand.

He glances at me before intertwining their fingers and placing a kiss on the back of her hand. "Yes baby, I'm only yours" I cringe hearing the determination in his voice. I knew, He indirectly throws that words on my face making my heart heavy. I look out of the window ignoring the ache of my chest.

Okay, I know that he was hers, but no need to rub it on my face. It hurts. It hurts knowing my husband loving and giving all his love to someone else even if it was his first wife it still hurts. I also wanted this kind of loveable relationship with my husband even if it means to accept a little I was ready. I was ready whatever he could give me but this? No. It hurts me.