2

!TW Abuse!
[Casey's POV]
Waking up the next day I immediately grabbed my pillow and went up the stairs, everyone else had already left for work. I put on a pair of sweatpants along with my black hoodie. Making myself a sandwich and a glass of water then sitting down by the kitchen.
Looking over at the clock I let out a sigh, I was already late and I had missed the buss. I had to run to school.
Quickly finishing the last pice of the sand which I grabbed my backpack along with my headphones then started running towards the school. It's at least one and a half miles there so I ran quickly.

Luckily i had biology as the first lesson, I knew the teacher would not be mad at me.
Walking in to the classroom a little out of breath everyone's attention turned towards me.
"Detention!" Someone yelled.
I looked at the teacher then found a seat.
"Quiet down everyone, get back to work" she said.

"Why isn't she getting detention? Stupid special treatment" A boy said.

"That's enough from you, one more thing from you and you'll see the principal" she said sternly which made the boy look away.

I put my head on the desk, turning the volume of my music up. Today was not a good day and I certainly did not feel like doing any school work. Letting my eyes rest for a few seconds I was soon asleep.

"Casey? Sweetheart are you feeling okay?" I felt someone rubbing my back, making me pull away just slightly.

"Mmm" I mumbled.

"You fell asleep, are you sick?" She asked, feeling my forehead.

"No I'm okay miss.Deluca" I convinced her.

"You know your allowed to call me Carina right?" She smiled.

"Yeah right, sorry" I apologized.

"It's okay, did you have a rough day yesterday?" She asked.

"Yeah I had Uhm a lot of homework" I lied.

"Do you need any extra help? I'm always here" she said.

"No I think I figured it out actually, thanks for asking tho" I said.

"You had your birthday this weekend right?" She asked.

"Yeah, the seventh" I said, remembering that I did not even notice it was my birthday and neither did Tom or Karen.

"Did you celebrate with anyone?" She smiled, which somehow made my heart hurt a little because she is so sweet and here I am lying to her.

"I-I'm sorry Carina but I think I have to go outside" I hurried out from the classroom.

Running out to the schoolyard, quickly finding an empty bench. I put on my headphones once again then rested my head against the wall, fidgeting with the bracelet on my wrist.

Why do I have to lie to everyone? Mrs. Deluca is the only person that's nice to me and I'm lying to her about everything, she probably thinks I'm a spoiled brat just like Karen does. I can't tell the truth tho, not to anyone.
The truth-my truth is dark and if I share it with anyone they will leave. It best if I keep it to myself.

Next class I have is math, I'm not good at it but I'm not failing the class so I guess it's okay. You never have to work with anyone either so that's always good.

After the last class I grabbed my backpack put my headphones on once again then making my way to the bus stop. At least this time I made it on time so I didn't miss it. I sat down in the back of the bus immediately starting to feel nervous to going back to their house.
I stoped myself from staring to fidget with the bracelet on my wrist once again, instead I rested my head against the window. A couple of minutes later the bus stoped right outside the house, making my way inside I could hear them yelling. I started thinking of every possible thing I've done the past month that could of been wrong, not finding anything I could've done horribly wrong I thought this argument can't be about me.

"Get here now!" Tom yelled.

I ran in to the living room.

"Did you do this!?" He yelled again and pointed at the couch, it had a large stain in it probably from a can of soda.

"No, I've been in school all day" I answered.

"And we are supposed to believe you?" He lowered his voice.

"Ask Ben, he's been home all day" immediately regretting saying that sentence.

"He wouldn't be so stupid doing something like this, only you would do that!" Karen yelled.

Tom pushed me up against the wall, keeping his hand roughly pushed up against my throat.
I caught a glimpse of Ben standing by the stairs with a smirk on his face.

"I hate you! I wish I never even saw you" Karen yelled.

"Such a mistake" she added.

Tom dragged me by my hair to the front door, quickly unlocking it. Dragging me to the pool and pushing my head under the water.

"I will keep you under here, until you learn your lesson" he said.

I felt myself starting to get dizzy.

He pulled my head up again to smack me across my face.

"Such a big disappointment" he said as he stuck my head under the water again.

After the next couple of minutes with him doing this I could see people crossing the streets, looking at me and noticing the situation but just kept walking away.

The last time he pulled my head up and helped me get on my feet, he pushed me down in the pool.
It was cold, my whole body was freezing and shivering.
Tom went inside and locked the door, leaving me to sleep out here in cold wet clothes.
My hair smelling like chlorine which made my head hurt from the strong smell, I walked over to the grass trying to make myself as comfortable as I could.