35

[Maya's POV]
I woke up, startled by the sound of heavy breathing and someone crying. As I opened my eyes and turned on the light I saw Casey curled up in the corner of the room. Her head tucked in between her knees. I poked Carina's side so she would wake up too.

"Can I sit down?" I asked her gently.

She covered her ears, squeezing her eyes shut.

I looked over at Carina, not really knowing how to approach her now that she had gotten so worked up.

"Bambina, take some deep breaths" Carina instructed her, placing a hand on Casey's back.

As she did so, Casey's breathing only sped up. Almost choking on her on breath as she cried, I felt hopeless because she wouldn't let us get to her.

I was about to say something but cut myself off when Casey sprinted in to the bathroom, emptied her stomach before she leaned against the wall.

"Sweetheart, may I sit down with you" I asked, leaning against the doorway as I waited for her answer.

She nodded, taking a couple of deep breaths as I sat down.

"I'm scared" she whispered, pushing her head in to my chest.

"I know baby, but you are safe here. Mama and I will protect you" I reminded her.

"I-I'll be"

"You'll be what?" I asked, wanting her to continue.

"It's so messed up" she said, tears falling freely again.

"Shh, it's okay. It's all going to be okay" I reassured her, pulling her up on my lap so I could wrap my arms around her properly.

"You are my amazing girl, god I love you so much sweetheart" I held her head close to my chest, playing with her soft brown her as both of us were able to relax slightly.

"I love you momma"

[Carina's POV]

I gave Casey and Maya some space, seeing that the Bambina had finally calmed down enough to stay in Maya's embrace.

Making my way down the hallway I stopped by Elias's room, peaking in to see if he was awake. Not only did I see the bambino, Andy laid on his bed sleeping, having the bambino on top of her.

"Rina" Elias called out, waking Andy in the process.

"I might have to steal this little guy from you, he is a great cuddle buddy" Andy said, stroking the bambino's hair gently.

Elias looked up at me with wide eyes, bottom lip quivering at Andy's statement.

"She was just messing with you sweetheart, you are not going anywhere" I told him, placing him on my lap.

"How is she?" Andy asked, her voice full of concern.

"She had quite a meltdown this morning, I think that she is frightened right now and she needs some comfort and reassuring that we are not going anywhere" I said.

"I can't even imagine how scared she must've been, and for you and Maya it couldn't have been easy dealing with that kind of worry"

Somehow, by Andy's choice of words it was like every part of my body that had been filled with anxiety and worry about not getting our Bambina back, finally relaxed. Tears fell down my face, I tried to wipe them away but there was no use since they kept coming.

Without saying anything, Andy pulled me in for a hug. Silently telling me that she is here for us.

"No sad" Elias said, leaning up so he could wipe the tears away. He wrapped his arms around me the best he could.