34

[Carina's POV]
The only thing I had done this morning was to look through my phone, seeing if the police had found her yet. They hadn't. Now it's already afternoon and I can't even get myself out of bed, I'm not functioning knowing that our Bambina isn't here.

What if she's hurt?

I felt another tear make it's way down my face, I didn't bother wiping it away.

After another couple of minutes of staring in to the wall, I could hear the sound of footsteps. Elias soon appeared in the bedroom, holding his sully tightly in his hand like always.

"Where Casey?" He asked, letting me help him get on the bed.

"We don't know bambino, they are looking for her" I told him, playing with his hair.

"Maya running again" he said, getting himself comfortable next to me.

"I know sweetheart, she does that when she's a little bit stressed out" I explained.

"Have you had a snack yet?" I asked, knowing that he usually have one around his time of the day.

He shook his head.

"Let's go make one" I told him, taking his hand in mine as we made our way down to the kitchen to prepare the snack.

After giving him a bowl with fruit, he sat sideways on my lap as he quietly started eating.

"Sad?" He asked, looking up at me.

I nodded, he snuggled in to my chest before handing me his sully.

"You want me to have it?"

"Sully makes it better" he explained.

"Thank you bambino" I said, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Carina!, the police have found her" Maya yelled, running in to the kitchen.

"Where? We need to go there now" I said, immediately rushing over to get my shoes and jacket on.

"It's twenty minutes away from here, they sent me the address. It's not good Carina" Maya said.

"What did they say?" I asked, full on panicking.

"They just said that it's not good, I have called Andy so she will come over to watch Elias while we drive to get Casey" She let me know.

We waited until Andy arrived, not wanting to leave the bambino alone.

The drive only took about fifteen minutes since Maya was speeding the whole way. I instantly felt sick once we stopped by the house. I knew which people lived here.

"Ma'am if you could just follow me down to the basement, we have had no luck approaching your daughter. She won't let any of the police officers near her" the man explained, leading Maya and I done to the basement.

"Where did they take the ones who did this?" I asked.

"Already at the police station ma'am" he answered, opening the door.

I saw Casey curled up in the corner of the room, knees pulled tight against her chest.

"I will leave you alone now" the officer said, walking back up to the others.

Both Maya and I approached Casey, crouching down to her height. Making sure to leave some space between us in case she didn't want to be so crowded.

"You're safe now baby, mama and I are here" Maya told her, placing a hand on Casey's knee.

I had to stop myself from crying when Casey lifted her head from her knees. There was cuts everywhere, some of them looked to be pretty deep. Her hair full of glass pieces, her eyes filled with tears and she practically threw herself in to my arms.