9

[Maya's POV]
"Slow down a little bit Casey, we are on a walk remember? Not a run" I explained.

Ever since we started walking Casey's phase has been getting faster and faster with every step, we are practically jogging by now. I think she's getting herself worked up because of this home visit.

"Sorry" she excused herself.

"It's alright" I reassured her.

As we reached the apartment again we hung of our rain coats and sat down by the couch, waiting for the Social worker to get here.

"Do you think you would find some time to help me with my math homework? If not that's okay" Casey told me.

"I'm not so good with math, why don't Carina help you instead" I suggested calmly.

"It's okay" she said.

"Why don't you want Carina to help?" I asked carefully.

"She's a teacher, she knows everything and I don't" she explained.

"Bambina, I will gladly help you. And I don't know everything" Carina said as she joined us with a cup of coffee.

"It's a little stupid, I can't do the multiplication or division and I know you showed me yesterday but It's really hard" She explained.

"That's okay, I can help you after dinner and explain every step for you. You have that test next week right?" Carina asked.

"Yeah I do" Casey confirmed.

"Maybe we can watch a movie afterwards? To relax a little bit" I suggested.

"That sounds fun" Casey said.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door, I went to open it while Carina and Casey stood a little further away. Rose walked in with a happy face.

"Hello, do you want me to explain a little what I'm here to do?" Rose asked. Carina and I nodded.

"So first I will do a regular check thru to make sure everything is safe, after that I would like to speak to Casey alone and also both of you" she explained.

"That sounds like a plan" I said.

We led Rose to the kitchen and the living room, she made a note in her notebook when we arrived in the living room. The bathrooms was also a couple of notes.
The bedroom was fine as she didn't make any notes.

"First thing is the medicine cabinet, I don't think it's safe that you keep your medications so openly. Just for her safety"

"It's a good thing you have matches and lighters safely kept in a box"

"Other than that I'm happy with the outcome of this home check" Rose said.

"We will fix the medication cabinet right away" I promised.

"I trust you, now Casey would it be okay if we talked a little just you and I? In your room" Rose smiled.

"I- yeah" Casey answered and led her to her bedroom.

[Casey's POV]

We sat down on my bed, I waited for her to start the conversation.

"It's a lovely room, did they change it for you?" She asked.

"No, they asked if I wanted to change anything in their room but I like it as it is" I answered.

"Do you like staying here with Carina and Maya?"

"Yes it's only been three days now but I'm happy here, they are nice to me" I told her.

"That's good, are you sleeping well?" She asked.