31

The the family of three had, after contacting the social worker again, gotten information about a four year old boy living in a group home. He was in need of a loving home, mostly because it was only older kids living there except for the little boy.

[Carina's POV]
After we had done the shopping trip yesterday just to buy some of the necessities Maya and I tidied the guest room up a little bit while Casey helped folding the clothes we bought. We bought the bare minimum of toys since we did not know what he would like, same thing with the clothes. We thought that it would be better to make him come with us later on when we get to know him more and know what he likes.

A worker form the group home is dropping him off here any minute now. The three of us are a little bit nervous since we didn't get so much information about him, not even his name.

Just as I was about to sit down with my cup of coffee in the living room the door bell rang, I went up to open the door. Seeing a young tiny browned haired, browned eyed boy standing there holding the group home workers hand.

"Hello, my name is Kelly" she said politely, shaking my hand.

"I'm Carina, this is Maya and Casey" I said, gesturing towards them.

We all sat down by the couch, the boy sat close to Kelly still holding her hand.

"What's your name?" I asked, smiling.

"Elias ma'am" he said in a small voice, looking up at us with chocolate brown eyes.

"That's such a beautiful name" I told him.

"Does it feel okay if I leave now?" Kelly asked him.

After a second of thinking he nodded, letting go of her hand.

"May I speak to you just for a moment?" She asked me.

I followed her outside, leaving Maya and Casey alone with Elias.

"I don't know if you have been informed about this but it does seem like he has a little trouble sleeping at night time, under the time he stayed with us we just let him have a long nap day time so he wouldn't get so tired. Sometimes warm milk would help him or just to read a story" she explained.

"Thank you for letting me know, We will make sure everything is alright" I told her.

"Good luck, goodbye"

I went back in to the living room, seeing Casey now sitting a little bit closer to the little boy. Showing something on her phone to him.

"Have you eaten breakfast Elias?" I asked.

"No ma'am" he replied politely.

"You don't have to call me ma'am, it's okay if you call me Carina" I told him gently, not wanting to make it seem like he did something wrong.

"Would you like a peanut butter sandwich?"

"Can't have peanut" he said, following me to the kitchen.

"Are you allergic?"

"Yeah, have to go hospital" he said, his eyes widening a little.

"Thank you for telling me that, how about I just make you one with ham and cheese then?"

"Yes please Rina" he said, smiling.

After making his sandwich we walked back to the living room.

"It's good" he said, already finished more than half of the sandwich.

"Carina makes food this good every day, it amazing" Maya told him.

"Yeah but never trust Maya's food, you never know what she puts in it" Casey joked, earning a small giggle from the bambino.