20

[Casey's POV]
I've been awake since four AM, not being able to lay in bed trying to sleep when there's no point in trying. I've been listening to music since I woke up and working on my acrylic art painting, I'm kind of proud of it so I'm just doing some touch ups so that I can make it perfect.
Christmas mornings have never been a big deal for me therefore I'm still in my pajamas with paint on my hands.
Maya and Carina's friends are coming over later tonight to celebrate with us, I like them a lot. They are nice.
I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder, making me turn around slightly to see who it was. Carina and Maya both standing there with bright smiles on their faces.

"Merry Christmas" they said.

"Merry Christmas" I smiled a little.

"Wow this is amazing, are you finished with it?" Maya asked, looking at my creation.

"Yeah I just need to let it dry" I said.

"It's for you guys, if you want it I mean" I added.

"Of course we want it, it would look amazing in the living room so people can see it. Thank you so much Casey" they smiled.

"You're welcome, is it okay if I take a shower just to get all of the paint away?"

"Yeah, we will go make breakfast in the meantime" they said.

I showered quickly than changing in to a pair of mom jeans along with a t-shirt, it's the first time in forever I'm wearing jeans but these are loose so I'm pretty comfortable in them. I dried my hair then put it up in a messy bun.

"You look beautiful" Carina commented.

"Thanks" I blushed a little.

"So here's the plan for today, we eat breakfast then we open presents after that the team will come here. I'm the evening we can just watch a movie or something just the three of us okay? Does that sound good to you?" Maya asked.

"That's okay, sounds fun" I smiled.

After finishing the breakfast we sat down by the couch, both of them looking at me while I picked up the gift they had gotten me.

I opened it, looked closely at it before I smiled really wide. I couldn't even believe they remembered this.

"So I know you said you wanted to know more about Italy so we decided that it would be the best if we just took you there instead, we leave in three weeks" Carina smiled.

"Wow this is amazing!" I hugged the both of them.

"We're glad you like it, open the rest now" Maya smiled.

It's now about twenty minutes before the team arrives, I've been planning on calling Stella all morning and now I finally can. I dialed her number and it only took like a second for her to pick up.

"Hey Casey, merry Christmas" she smiled.

"Hi, merry Christmas to you too. How are you?"

"I'm good, it's a little bit boring here with all my cousins and all but it's only two more weeks" she answered.

"Yeah I get it, but that means it's only two more weeks until we can hang out again" I reminded her.

"I know, I missed hanging out with you a lot" she said.

"Casey! They are here" Maya yelled from the living room.

"Ah sorry I gotta go now"

"Bye, have fun" she hung up.

I joined the others in the living room, sitting down next to Vic and Travis. Vic pulled me in for a hug which a quickly melted in to.

"Dinner is ready guys" Maya announced from the kitchen.