37

The family of four made their way through Seattle and to their hotel. It took about two hours to get there, not that Casey or Elias would've noticed since the two of them was fast asleep in the backseat. It gave time for Maya and Carina to have a conversation without any of the kids at least.

[Maya's POV]

We reached the hotel, waking up both of the kids before we made our way in to get the room key.

"Room 406" the receptionist told us.

"Thank you" I said, grabbing our bags.

As soon as we reached our room I started packing a backpack so we could take with us on the boat. Filled with water bottles, nutrition bars and sunscreen.

"Mommy, help please" Elias called out.

I walked in to the bathroom, seeing him stand on his tippy toes trying to reach to the sink. He turned to look at me, an adorable pout formed on his face.

"There we go" I held him up as he could now reach the sink and wash his tiny hands. I took the towel, drying them off before I let him down on the floor again.

"Thank you" he smiled.

"Bellina, are we ready to go?" Carina asked, running her fingers through her hair.

"Yes we are, you look beautiful" I told her, placing a kiss on her soft lips.

The four of us made our way down the street, quickly finding the place where the boat trip would take place in.
I payed for all of us, then taking Elias hand in mine so he wouldn't get lost.

"I've never been on a boat" Casey said, chuckling nervously.

"It's fun, the water looks so clear when we get further out in the ocean" I said, giving her a reassuring smile.

We went on board, sitting down in the seats we were assigned. Elias was looking very excited, practically bouncing in excitement on Carina's lap. As the boat started moving, I felt Casey grip on to my hand tightly.

"Come sit here" I instructed, patting the space next to me.

"There's a lot of people" she said, looking around to see the crowd.

"Look at the view instead sweetheart, it's alright" I reassured her.

"Mommy look" Elias pointed eagerly at the bigger fishes that we were able to see now further out in the ocean.

"Wow that's so cool" I said, trying to hide the fact that he had just called me mommy. Perhaps it was just a slip up.

"Get one?" He asked.

"What do you mean bubba?"

"Give a home to fishie" he explained.

"These fishes belongs to the ocean, this is their home so we can't just take them. When we go home again I'm sure we can look at a fish to buy so you can keep it in your room" I said.

"Yes please!" He nodded.

After the little boat trip was over we made our way to a smaller Italian restaurant, ordering our food before sitting down at the table.

"He's almost asleep" I whispered discreetly to Carina, seeing Elias's eyes almost closing.

"Little bambino, he skipped nap time so I'm not surprised" She said, taking a sip of her water.

"Enjoy your meal" the waitress said after placing our plates of food down on the table.

"How do we feel about going shopping tomorrow and maybe the movies" I suggested.

"That's a good idea" Casey agreed, Carina nodding.

After finished eating our food we left the restaurant and started making our way back to the hotel. I carried Elias on my hip since he was almost asleep, I could tell he was fighting it though.

"Maya, not sleepy" Elias said as I tucked him in under the blanket as soon as we had reached our hotel room.

"It's nap time now, close your eyes" I told him.

"Not sleepy time" he whined, holding his teddybear tightly against his chest.

"It is sleepy time, I can see that you're tired Elias. I will stay right here with you" I told him, letting him rest his head on my chest.

[Casey's POV]

I sat down on the edge of the bed, seeing a few more texts from Sam. I dialed his number, waiting for him to answer.

"Hey Casey, how are you?"

"I'm okay, is everything okay with you?" I asked.

"I'm good but I miss you a lot, I haven't seen you since well- two weeks ago" he said.

"I know I know, I just haven't been okay really and I just wanted some time with my family" I explained.

"I understand that, could we maybe hang out when you get back from your trip? We could just stay at your house and watch movies if you want to" he suggested.

"Yeah I would like that, I'm sorry I haven't talked so much with you" I said sadly.

"Don't be sorry beautiful, as long as you are okay then I'm happy" he reassured me.

"I love you"

"I love you more Casey, see you soon" he said, hanging up.

I changed my clothes, walking in to the room Carina and Maya had.

"My Bambina" she said happily, gesturing for me to come lay down next to her.

"I feel safe here with you and mom" I admitted.

"That's great, you feel safe at home too right?"

"At home yes, I am frightened about being alone walking on the streets or in the park" I explained, playing with her rings.

"That's understandable, you can always talk to me about it. I don't think your mom or I will leave you or Elias out of our sight though" she said, smiling.

"Did you hear his slip up when we were on the boat?" I asked.

"No I was too caught up looking at the view, what did he say?"

"He called her mommy, I think he's really trusting you guys a lot now. I'm so happy that he gets to have you two as moms too" I told her.

"Wow that's amazing, and he's very lucky to have you as his sister" she smiled.

We soon heard footsteps approaching, seeing Maya and Elias in the doorway.

"I saw that they have a pool here at the hotel, should we go for a swim?" Maya asked us.

"That's a lovely idea" Carina agreed.

"Yeah that sounds nice" I nodded.

We changed in to our bathing suits, making our way to the pool with our towels wrapped around us.

"Can you swim?" I asked Elias, placing my towel on the chair.

"No, never learned" he said, sounding sad.

"That's okay, I'll make sure you're safe" I reassured him, taking his hand in mine as we walked down the steps in to the pool.

"Should we swim over there?" I asked pointing at moms, placing him on my hip so he could stay above the water.

"Yes" he agreed, holding tightly on to me, afraid that I would let go.

"Mommy mama" Elias said, trying to get in to Carina's embrace as we approached them.

"Do you like the water, bubba?" Maya asked him.

"Mmhm a lot" he smiled.