11

[Carina's POV]
I had just finished making breakfast for Maya Casey and I, we are going for a walk today and of course Casey is really excited for that, that makes it even more fun to do because she really enjoys it.
Making my way to Casey's room she was still fast asleep in her bed.

"Wake up Bambina" I rubbed her back.

"Mmm" she mumbled.

"You gotta get up now" I told her.

She turned around and faced me, still rubbing her tired eyes to wake up completely.
She got dressed and followed me to the kitchen where Maya already waited for us to start eating.

"I'm not so hungry" Casey said.

"You need to eat if we're going for a longer walk, your body needs the energy" I told her.

After we had finished our breakfast we went on the walk that we had promised Casey, she was a little bit quiet today she didn't say so much. Maybe she was just having an off day.

"Let's watch a movie together" I suggested as we made it back to our apartment.

"I'll grab some snacks" Maya Said.

"I'll go change my clothes" Casey said and walked to her room.

She rejoined us on the couch a few minutes later.

"Here" I said and handed her a piece of chocolate.

"I'm good thanks" she replied.

"It's good, promise" I said.

"No i-I don't want it" she stuttered out.

"Okay, you don't have too" I said and looked over at Maya who just shrugged.

"I was thinking we could go to the mall later, grab some lunch and get some clothes for you also if you wanted something more for your room" Maya suggested to Casey.

"Today?" Casey asked nervously.

"After the movie maybe, I'm quite sure it won't be a lot of people there today" I Maya answered.

"Okay" Casey replied and immediately began fighting with the bracelet on her wrist.
The longer the movie went on the more Casey fidgeted and you could tell that her attention was no longer turned towards the movie playing on the TV, she was more focused on the thoughts running thru her mind.
As the movie came to an end we all got ready to go to the mall, Maya and I tried to keep the conversations going to distract Casey a little so she wouldn't get herself worked up before we even arrived at the mall.

"Do you want to look at stuff for your room first and then look at the clothes?" I asked Casey.

"Sure" she said.

Walking in to the furniture store we walked straight to the pillow cases and covers.
"Is their a specific pattern or color you would like?"
She looked around before quietly answering "Maybe blue" I grabbed the covers in the color she wanted and when we did not find anything else she would like in this store we moved on to the clothes.

"Can you just pick something out?" Casey asked.

"Of course" I reassured her.

First I grabbed a jacket since she did not have a proper one and the weather is starting to get colder so she would need a warmer one, then I moved on to the jeans were I grabbed different ones in black and blue ripped ones and regular ones in the size I thought would fit her.
When I was done picking out clothes for her I handed them over, Maya and I sat down outside her dressing room.

[Maya's POV]

"Can you Uhm help me?" Casey asked from the dressing room.

I opened the curtain carefully and walked in, she was trying to unzip the zipper of her shirt on the back.
As I had unzipped the shirt and she took it off she quickly covered herself not fast enough tho, I caught a glimpse of her bruised stomach. Purple and blue bruising on her stomach and some small ones on her back.

"Don't- don't say anything about it" she hurried out as she noticed I saw them.

"Casey sweetheart"

"Not now please Maya" she pleaded.

"Okay not now, can I give you a hug?" I asked.

She nodded so I pulled her in for a quick hug.
"Let me know if you need more help" I said before walking out, trying to hide my tears forming in my eyes from just seeing that.

"What happened Bambina?" Carina asked.

"We will talk later" I promised.

When Casey was done trying on clothes she walked out of the fitting room.

"Was it something you liked?" I asked.

"Yeah these" she said handing me two pair of jeans a couple of sweatshirts and T-shirts along with the jacket Carina picked out.

"Great, I'll go pay for those" I said as I walked over to the cashier and payed for the clothes.

After I had payed for our stuff we looked around for a restaurant we could eat lunch at, Casey had thanked us multiple times for the clothes but then she hasn't said anything else after that. When we sat down by the table Casey sat down next to the window not even looking at the menu at first.
"Do you want to look at the menu, maybe there's something you would like to eat" I suggested.
Reluctantly she opened the menu with shaky hands.
"I don't know" she told me quietly.

Her eyes darted around the room, looking at all the people walking in and crowds forming by the buffe.
"Try concentrate on me and Carina instead" I told her.
I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her closer to me.

"Let's look together, are you hungry?" I asked.
She shook her head, not really looking at me.

"Maybe just a grilled cheese sandwich? Or a salad?" I asked.

"I'm ordering the sandwich for me, would you like to order for yourself?" I added.
She quickly shook her head, her face almost turning pale.

"Okay that's alright, I'll order for you" I reassured her.

As the waitress approached our table Casey turned her attention to the floor, I ordered for her and I while Carina ordered for herself.

"You feeling okay?" I asked Casey.

"No" she admitted.

"Why don't you come sit here with me, then you'll only see Maya not all the other people" Carina suggested to Casey. We had specifically taken the table in the corner of the restaurant so when she moved over to Carina she didn't have to focus on all the other people waking in to the restaurant.

Casey managed about half of the sandwich before she said she was full, I didn't quite believe her I just think she didn't feel comfortable here.
When we arrived at the apartment later she went to put her clothes in her wardrobe while Carina and I cleaned up the dishes that was left in the sink.

"I'll go check on her" Carina said after a while when Casey hadn't come back to the kitchen.

I changed my clothes in to pajamas and laid down on our bed waiting for Carina.

"She's fast asleep, poor Bambina probably exhausted" Carina sighed.

"Let's hope a good nights sleep will help a little" I said.

"What happened when we were in the store? You said we would talk about it later" Carina reminded me.

"I helped Casey unzip her shirt because it got stuck, she had bruises all over her stomach and some small ones on her back, she practically begged me not to ask questions about it and she looked so scared like I was about to scold her or something" I explained.

"She didn't have any wounds or anything right?" Carina asked.

"No not on her stomach or her back, Carina I feel like I need to ask her about it I mean did you see how scared she was at the restaurant and this morning she was so quiet when we watched the movie" I explained.

"I want to know too Bella but remember what Rose told us, we can't push her in to telling us. She needs to feel like she can trust us first, then tell us when she feels ready" She told me.

"I know but I just feel like I'm not doing anything about the situation" I admitted.

"But you are, we are being here for her and helping her with the things we can help with and the things she will let us help with" Carina understand.

"She's an amazing kid, she's worth so much more than whatever she's been thru"