8

[Maya's POV]
Getting Casey to sleep was not that hard, she fell asleep quickly with Carina and I on the couch then I just bright her in to the bedroom like I did yesterday. Things have been going smoothly these two days, I would've thought she would've been having trouble sleeping after everything that happened to her these last couple of days. We specifically asked if Rose could do our home visit since Casey was a little nervous and so was I, the thought of someone that we at least recognize and is nice is comforting when she's about to look thru your apartment and tell us if she thinks it appropriate for Casey.

I tried to go back to sleep again from waking up in the middle of the night, I was quickly interrupted by a heart breaking sound. I could hear Casey crying and whimpering. Looking over at Carina she was still fast asleep so I decided for myself that I would go check on her. I approached Casey's bed only to see her eyes still closed but her body shaking a little bit, tear stains on her cheeks.

"Casey sweetheart?" I shook her gently.

"St-stop" she whimpered still asleep.

"It's just me Sweetie, open you eyes for me" I said.

"It h-hurts" she whimpered again.

"Casey!" I said louder and shook her again.

She shot up from the bed, breathing a little sped up.

"Stop" she said as I moved closer to her.

"It's alright, I'll stay over here" I gestured to the desk next to her bed.
I waited for her to calm down a little bit, not wanting to make it even harder for her to calm down.

"I'm okay" she told me.

"I'll just sit next to you if that's okay?" I asked.

"That's okay" she said.

"Want to tell me what this was about?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around her.

"I was back with Tom and Karen at the fire" she explained shortly.

"I'm sorry, your safe here alright" I reassured her.

"It felt so real, like i relived it" She sighed.

"I know how hard those dreams are, do you think you'll be able to go back to sleep?" I asked.

"I can try" she said hesitantly.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" I asked.

"You probably want to go back to Carina, it's late" she said.

"I don't care if it's late sweetheart, I want you to feel safe and be able to sleep" I explained.

"Can you just stay here until I fall asleep?" She asked.

"I'll stay with you all night sweetie, close your eyes" I ordered.

She rested her head next to me as I put my arm around her, her eyes still open. Thinking of an idea to get her to fall asleep again. Carina did this with me a couple of times when I had a lot of trouble with falling asleep.

"Relax" I said softly.

"I want you to take deep breaths, nice and slow" I explained.

"Imagine floating on a raft down the river, at first you reach this beautiful forest surrounded in flowers and trees you can clearly hear the birds chipping. As the raft takes you further down the river you float by a gorgeous open landscape, animals walking freely on the ground and the sun shining it's light on you. Making you feel warm and safe inside, the last stop you reach your destination. A large lake where you can see fishes jumping up the water, birds flying freely searching for food. The sound of small small water splashes are audible. When you finally stop you let yourself relax completely, your body rests" I told her calmly.