18

(I accidentally deleted the last chapter so I'm sorry if this chapter is a little weird)
[Casey's POV]
It's now winter-break so there's no school for a while, I've been talking to Stella a lot, we've become close friends in such a short time,

"Lunch is ready in a couple of minutes" Maya announced form the kitchen.

I put my headphones on then made my way to the kitchen, just focusing on the music. I put my phone down on the table and started eating the food.

"Sweetheart, could you take off your headphones while we eat?" Maya asked.

"Yeah, sorry"

"It's okay, I know how much the it helps you but we just wanted to talk yo you for a little bit" Maya said.

I was just about to ask what it was about when there was a knock on the door, Carina opened it and turned to me immediately.
I walked to the door, Stella standing there with a nervous face expression.

"Come in" I said.

"I'll finish my lunch later if that's okay" I said before walking to my room with Stella.

Walking in to my room we sat down on my bed, I waited for her to say something.

"So my friend Josh wanted to go to the park for ice cream next week with me and he is bringing his friend Samuel with him, I would really like it if you came with me there. You know I really like Josh so I want to have you there so I don't do anything weird or so" she rambled.

"I'll come with you, who is Samuel tho? I feel like I don't know him"

"He is in your math class I think" she answered.

"Oh that's why I don't recognize him, I'm asleep half of the time" I chuckled.

After hanging out with Stella for a while she had to go home, I walked back to Maya and Carina in the living room.

"What was it that you wanted to tell me?" I asked.

"Since Christmas is coming up we would like to ask you something, now we usually celebrate Christmas with Andy Vic and Travis just the four of us so we were wondering if it would feel okay for you that they are coming here for dinner" Maya said.

"That's okay" I said.

"Are you sure? You can say no if you don't want them to come" She assured me.

"It's okay, I promise" I said once again.

"Great, is there something you wish for? Anything you would like to have?" She asked.

"No, no I don't think so" I answered.

After lunch I took a shower before I laid down on my bed, putting my headphones on once again.
I've been feeling nervous all day and it's like my body is on edge, waiting for something bad to happen.

I closed my eyes, tapping my fingers against my knee. Doing a pattern where I tapped each finger once on my knee before doing it all again.
I did this until I felt Maya placing a hand on my knee, making me jump from the sudden touch.

"Sorry didn't mean to startle you"

I mumbled something before I turned my attention back to my music.

"Casey, I'm trying to have a conversation"

"Mmhm" I said, picking up the same pattern with my fingers again.

"Alright that's enough" She took off my headphones.

"No-no please give them back" tears immediately threatening to fall.

"Not until you tell me what's going on Casey, you're so quiet" she said.

"J-just give them back please Maya" I reached out for them, putting them on and turned my back against Maya.

[Carina's POV]
I watched as Maya came out of Casey's room with a frustrated look on her face. I handed her a glass of water as we sat down together by the couch.

"What happened bellina?" I asked.

"I tried talking to her but she was just listening to her music and not looking at me, I tried talking to her multiple time but she wouldn't say anything so I took her headphones, she panicked when I didn't give them back at first so she grabbed them then just faced the other way, crying"

I sighed.

"It was really mean of me to do that, I hate that I'm like my dad so much. He would do the exact same thing I just did, I hate it"

"You messed up yes, just let me talk to her then you can go apologize" I said.

"Yeah"

"She isn't like every other teenager Maya, she struggles a lot and sometimes it's hard for you and I to understand what she's feeling if she doesn't talk to us" I said before walking to Casey's room.

"Is it okay if I come in?"

She nodded, then faced back to the wall again.
I laid down next to her, stroking her hair.

"Do you want to talk?"

"It's just a lot" she rubbed her eyes.

"It might help if you talk about it, get somethings off your mind"

"I have this thing- but I can't talk about that yet, I'm just so on edge all the time and nervous. I can't seem to focus on just one thing because then my mind is already thinking about ten other different things. It's hard" she admitted.

"I can imagine that it's really hard to feel like that all the time, is there something I can do to help?"

"Some-sometimes I get scared" she said.

"Of what?"

"Of myself, sometimes my mind is all over the place and I can't control anything" she said.

"That's why music and art helps you right?"

"It takes away everything else, I only concentrate on the music or art. Maya got angry" she sighed.

"She's not angry, what she did wasn't nice but it wasn't her intention to hurt you. Maybe it would help the both of you two if you explained why it helps you so this type of things won't happen hm?"

"Mmhm" she mumbled.

"Do you want to go talk to her now?"

She nodded, we walked out to the living room and joined Maya in the couch.

Casey explained her feelings more specifically to Maya and how the music helped her to block out all the other thought out of her mind, Maya apologized and Casey forgave her.