16

[Casey's POV]
I decided to go to school today, which I quickly regretted when I walked to my locker. I didn't even bother looking at the notes they had written and pinned to my locker, my guess is that they wrote something about how crazy I am or how weird I look. I made my way to the library to start reading the book Maya got me, also to escape all the other people that had already succeeded with making me upset the minute I walk thru the doors.
I sat down on the floor leaning against the wall, putting my headphones on.
I could feel myself regaining my calm, until a girl sat down next to me.

"Hi" she said.

"Why-I why are you sat on the floor with me?" I whispered.

"Because you look upset" she said softly with a frown.

"Oh" I mumbled and looked away.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Casey" I said quietly.

"I'm Stella" she said, I nod.

"What happened Casey? Why are you so upset?" She asked.

"I don't want to talk about it" I mumbled.

"Okay, have you had your lunch yet?" She asked, why does she care?

"No I haven't" I told her.

"Come sit with me" she said.

"Why?" I asked.

"What do you mean by why?" She asked.

"Why would you want to eat lunch with me" I asked.

"I want to get to know you" she told me.

"Why would you want to s-sit with me? You-you just met me and I don't think you would want to" I panicked.

"Come on, we can sit right here and have lunch together" she pleaded.

Why is she doing this? Is she going to make fun of me? Why did she care if I was upset? Most people just walk right past me like I'm not even there.
I can't eat lunch with her she-she will make fun of me.

"T-thank you but I-I can't" I told her and stood up.

"Here, my number" she handed me a pice of paper.

"S-sorry" I apologized.

"It's okay" she said before I left.

I walked straight to Carina's office, knocked on the door waiting for her to come open for me.

"Hey, do you have your lunch- what happened? Why are you upset?" She asked.

"I'm so stupid" I sniffled.

"No bambina, let's sit down okay" she said and led me to the chair. "Tell me what happened"

"I-I sat in the library and this girl sat down next to me, I freaked out because she wanted to- to"

"Breath first, calm down" she told me.

I continued telling her what happened and how stupid I felt when Stella had just asked me to sit with her, but I'm not used to people doing that and it scared me.

"Your not stupid for reacting this way okay? I understand that it's difficult for you and that was a lot to handle all at once, but let me assure you that Stella is a good kid" she told me.

"She thinks I'm weird now so there's no use trying to talk about it" I said.

"No I'm sure she doesn't think that, she gave you her number right? Give her a call" she suggested.

"I'm not good at talking" I reminded her.

"Send her a text, I'll help you" she reassured me.

"Can I have a hug?" I asked quietly.