5

[Carina's POV]
Earlier today after Maya and I had left the hospital we saw the social worker standing outside Casey's room waiting to step inside. I had asked her how everything were to take place and if they had already found a new family for her. Sadly Rose had not found someone that were willing to take care of Casey, not even as an emergency placement. I had then pulled Maya aside to talk to her. Since two years ago we've been certified foster parents but we just hadn't taken the situation further to actually look for a child that was in need of a home, we were both pretty busy when I worked at the hospital and Maya at the station but since I came back from Italy and started working at the school with teaching we've had a lot more time to spend together and our schedules are great.

I told Maya a little bit about Casey, I guess Maya already knew what question I was about to ask next because she said yes before I even had the chance to ask her.
We went to talk to Rose about taking Casey home and that I have her as my student so she already knew who I was, Rose agreed that we should ask what Casey thought about everything and she also wanted her to meet Maya properly since they only exchanged a few words after the fire.

"We would like it if you came home with us, staying with Maya and I" I explained.

"Seriously? Are you allowed to do that when your my teacher?" She asked.

"Yes there's no problem with me being your teacher" I explained.

"The decision is up to you Casey, we want you to be safe and happy" I said.

"Is this an emergency placement or just a regular placement?" She asked.

"This is a regular placement, Carina and I have been wanting to foster a child for a long time and we are both certified since two years ago. You would stay with us" Maya explained to her.

"Do you really want to do that for me?" She asked a little hesitant.

"Of course we want to sweetheart" Maya said.

"I-I can be a handful sometimes and even tho I don't mean to be I-"

"Stop stop stop, there's nothing wrong with you and sure there will be some problems along the way but we will figure it out together" I said.

"I-I want to go with you" She said.

"I'll go get Rose" Maya said.

I took Casey's uninjured hand in mine.

"So I have some things I would like to go thru before I let Casey go with you, There will be a home visit to make sure everything is safe that will probably take place in the end of this week"

"I would recommend being very alert when going to public places with Casey, she suffers from social anxiety so she needs a little extra encouragement and help with that. Not such a big fan of changes in her schedule so I would also recommend giving her a little heads up if you have something planned that she doesn't know about" Rose said a little quieter to Maya and I.

"She will need to attend in school like usual, there's no changing in that" Rose finished.

"Alright, is there anything else we need to know?" Maya asked.

"No, just sign these papers here" she said and handed us three different pieces of paper.
Both of us signed them quickly.

"I will send you a text a day before the home visit so your prepared, I'll see you soon again Casey" Rose said and left.

"Do you have any belongings with you?" I asked.

"No" she blushed a little.

"That's okay, we can get you some stuff that you want" I reassured her.

[Casey's POV]

I followed them down to their car, buckling myself in the backseat. Not wanting to touch anything since the car looked new and quite expensive. About ten minutes later they pulled up in the drive way to a large building.
We walked up the stairs to the fourth floor, walking in to their apartment. Very modern with white walls, light grey and light blue decorations such as scented candles. Their kitchen and Living room made me feel comfortable, it's not at all like Tom and Karen's house.
They had only black and white decorations and it did not give of a homey vibe.

"Do you like pasta?" Carina asked.

"Yeah" I answered.

"I'll make some then, we're all pretty hungry I assume" she said.

"I'll show you around the apartment" Maya said and led me thru the hallway.

"Here's the main bathroom, there's towels over there" she said and pointed at the counter. "We have extra toothbrushes too, the shampoo and conditioner is already in the shower" she explained.

We moved on to what I assumed is their bedroom.
"Here is Our bedroom, feel free to come talk to us at any time if you need anything or just want company" she said nicely.

"Here's where you'll be sleeping, it's a little bit boring now but we can make some changes if you would like to put up some posters or some new wallpaper" she said.

"Take these, you can sleep in those until we get you some other clothes" she explained and handed me a pair of sweatpants along with a t-shirt.

"Thank you" I said.

"No problem sweetie, Let's go see if Carina is done with dinner" she suggested.
We walked back to the kitchen and Carina had indeed finished dinner, put it in plates and poured up three glass with water.

"Are you okay with going to school tomorrow or would you like a day off?" Carina asked me.

"I think I'm good, I have a short day" I explained.

"Okay, you can text either one of us if you need anything" she said.

"Alright, I think I have art as the last subject" I said.

"Yeah that's right, you can ride with me home right after then because that's the last class I teach for the day" she told me.

"On the other school days when neither of us is of work you'll either go down to the station and wait for me or wait at the school for Carina, I don't want you walking all the way here by yourself" Maya said gently but still seriously.
I could tell that she was the type of person that cares a lot but sometimes show it thru getting a little overprotective.

"Got it, will I just wait on you office on those days?" I questioned.

"If you got homework you can do that or you can just hang out and watch a movie if you would feel like it" Maya explained.

After dinner I went to brush my teeth and get ready for bed, I change in to Maya's sweatpants and T-shirt then went in to the bedroom. I crawled under the pastel colored covers.

"Do you feel okay sleeping in here tonight?" They asked as they walked in to the room.

"I think so" I said a little hesitant.

"If not then just come to our bedroom okay?" Carina said.

"Okay" I confirmed.

"Goodnight then sweetheart" Maya said.

"Sleep tight bambina" Carina said.

"Night" I told them.

They left the door slightly opened after they walked out of the room, the light from the hallway creeping thru making me feel a little better.