27

The trip to Italy was great, the little family had a good time together. Carina couldn't have been more happy to show Casey and Maya the place she grew up in and all the places she likes when she was younger.

They even visited one of the many museums, an art museum in Catania. That was another surprise they had for Casey since she enjoys art so much. It was a great experience and they learned a lot.

Unfortunately, on their way home, Casey started feeling poorly. A headache and stomach ache isn't a nice combination. So now Casey is in her room sleeping while Carina and Maya are watching a movie in the living room.

[Maya's POV]

I had Carina's head resting on my shoulder as we watched the TV, I played with her hair for a while until I heard a loud noise.

"I want to discuss something with you later, about Casey" Carina told me, playing with my hair.

"Did something happen that I don't know about?"

"No no, but there's something we need to talk about" she said, calming me slightly.

Her pager went off. She put her shoes and jacket on in a rush before giving me a hug.

"I'll be back as soon as the baby is delivered, bye Bella" she said, closing the door behind her.

As I was about to make a cup of coffee for myself I was interrupted by a loud noise coming from Casey's room.
I frowned a little bit to myself, she was asleep.

I knocked on her door but there was no answer, I opened it and my eyes darted immediately to Casey breathing heavily trying to get all of the sheets off the bed.

"What's going on Casey?" I asked, slightly worried.

She looked up at me, her face turning a little bit more pale.

"I- Don-don't know" she panicked.

Still trying to get the sheets off, without any luck. She frustratedly gave up and put her hands over her face as she breathed heavily.

I approached her, glancing down at the sheets.

The red spot didn't go unnoticed.

My face softened as I realized what had happened, obviously she had no clue since she was in such a panicked state.

"Oh sweetheart, come here"

I wrapped my arms around her, rubbing her back before pulling away.

"You've started your period Casey, I'm guessing you've never had it before?"

"No, I've never had it before" she confirmed.

"Do you know what's happening?"

"I think so, but I Uhm don't know what to do" she said, biting her inner cheek.

"That's why I'm here. I'll show you" I said, leading her to our bathroom that Carina and I uses. I opened the cabinets, pulling out a pad. Thinking that it's the easiest way to use in the beginning.

"Have you seen one of these before?" I asked.

"N-no" she said, rubbing her hands on her knees slightly. Something I've noticed she does a lot when she's nervous or stressed out.

"That's okay, I'll explain for you. No need to get stressed out for this okay" I reassured her.

After showing her how to put on the pad correctly I proceeded with explaining a little bit how long it would last and what she could do to help if the pain was too much.