Chapter Four. Wasting Time.

Sang sat in the back of Mr. Blackbourne's car with Xavier curled up in her lap purring madly. They made a quick stop first for Sean at the hospital and then went on to Victor's house.

Waiting for everyone to arrive Sean could see something was bothering Sang. Sitting down next to her on the lounge he started digging. "What's wrong, Pookie? I noticed in the car that you were very quiet on the way here." he asked quietly as Victor and Owen walked into the office to talk. He wasn't about to tell Sang they were making sure the laminator wouldn't work just in case Sang decided she needed it. He was sure she hadn't forgotten about her plans to create a licence for herself.

"I've been thinking about lots of things, Sean." Sang replied, only to stop when she heard everyone coming up the stairs. "I'll talk to you later if you don't mind. I'll think some more before I say anything."

"If you're sure Pookie. Just tell me now if your headache is back please." Sean murmured with a serious look on his face.

"I'm fine Sean, honestly. I just have a lot to think about that's all. If I need help I'll ask okay." Sang whispered before jumping up to greet everyone with a smile.

Sitting around the table when everyone had arrived, Sean looked at Sang still petting Xavier and grinned. "You know that cat is a troublemaker, don't you Pookie?"

"Sean, he is not. He's just lovely." Sang said cooing at the smirking cat.

"Actually Miss Sorenson," Mr. Blackbourne murmured, "Dr Green is right. He has been misbehaving all day. I almost felt sorry for the boys earlier after his behaviour at my home this morning."

"What are you talking about?" Sang looked confused, and then almost glared at Mr. Blackbourne. She didn't hear Sean warning Mr. Blackbourne to be careful with such sacrilegious statements.

"He shredded the back cushions on my lounge this morning, because he didn't want to be left behind." Mr Blackbourne said with his eyes narrowed at his totally unrepentant cat.

"Oh Xavier. You didn't." Sang gasped. "Why?"

"Because he's an unspeakably spoilt brat, Aggele". Silas just stared at her in disbelief.

"Silas. How could you say that! Of course he would want Mr Blackbourne's company and all of yours too. Why wouldn't he? Besides, he was probably scared of being alone all day." She stated as if it were obvious.

"Poor darling. Were you scared and worried?" Sang cooed at Xavier, ignoring Nathan and Luke pretending to dry retch behind her or the raised eyebrows and looks of disbelief from the others.

"Sweetie. The only person on the planet that cat behaves for is you." Kota sighed, barely managing not to roll his eyes.

"That can't be right, Kota. I'm sure he's normally very well behaved. Aren't you Xavier? This morning was just an aberration on his part because he was upset."

Sang looked at Mr. Blackbourne. "Did he really shred your lounge?" Seeing him nod his head she sighed and looked hard at Xavier. "That was naughty, Xavier. There really are no excuses. Don't you do it again." She said as firmly as she could. Seeing the cat pretend to look pitiful, she totally bought the act and picked him up, gave him a cuddle and took him straight to Mr. Blackbourne. "I think you should say sorry Xavier," Sang said as she dumped him straight into Mr Blackbourne's arms.

She watched approvingly as he bumped his head under Owen's chin. "See guys. I'm sure he won't do it again." Sang stated positively before wandering off to find the paper she needed.

"Sang acts like that cat is human." Victor sighed.

"Shit. She has got the softest heart I have ever seen. She totally bought that 'poor little me look' that little shit gave her." Gabriel said pointing at Xavier. "Mr. Blackbourne, you have to do something about it. Trouble's going to find even more trouble with him egging her on, I just know it."