Chapter Eighteen. Smackdown.

Early next morning Sean turned around from the kitchen counter to watch as his Pookie walked back in wearing another dress this time with ankle boots. He shook his head as he watched her cooing at a besotted Xavier. "You do realise that cat has mental health issues don't you, Pookie?" he asked, as he tried not to grin around the rim of his coffee cup.

"Sean. He does not." Sang claimed immediately, as Xavier nudged her chin and kept purring. "Look at him. He just likes a little company sometimes."

"Oh yeah, Pookie. All night long." Sean laughed. "It wasn't your face he had his butt in. It was mine. Remember!"

Sang giggled "Oh come on. That was really funny. It wasn't that bad surely. Besides it's a cute butt," she declared, her giggles now uncontrolled.

Sean stalked over to Sang and, taking his life in his own hands, snatched Xavier away and put him on the ground. Standing back up his eyes glinted wickedly "What have I said about giggling Pookie?" he asked before placing his arms firmly around her and drawing her close.

Sang smiled "I can't remember Sean. You'll have to remind me."

"With pleasure, Pookie, with pleasure." Sean whispered before groaning as he heard the front door open. "I really need to change my locks." he decided, before cadging a kiss and moving back.

"Good morning Owen. To what do we owe this pleasure so early in the morning." Sean asked with a teasing glare.

Owen bit back a smile to himself. He knew perfectly well what he had interrupted. He really did have the best timing, he decided as he greeted Sang and noted her gentle blush. This day had the potential to be stellar. It wasn't often he got the drop on Sean.

"I came to collect Mr Xavier. Miss Jenny will take him for the day. I rather thought we may need to ease him back into some sort of routine gently." He admitted, as Xavier glared at him and refused point blank to leave Sang's arms.

"Perhaps you would be so kind as to place him in the car for me Miss. Sorenson?" Owen sighed. "Dr Green can make toast while you do. I'll make sure he doesn't burn it." he grinned as Sang took a sulky cat away.

"That cat needs therapy, Owen. You do realise that, don't you?" Sean said, after telling his friend about his behaviour the night before. "I'm still blowing cat furr out my nose and I definitely need a new tooth brush."

Owen just threw his head back and laughed "I'm not going to be the one to suggest to Sang that Xavier needs help. You can."

"God no. I'm not going near that subject with her. Let North do it." Sean grinned.

"Just make the toast Sean. Victor and Gabe will be here shortly to collect Sang. We'll leave the subject of therapy for a cat alone for the time being. He may calm down." Owen didn't really think that was likely, but they could always dream he supposed.

Two hours later Sang and the boys collected their bags to make their way to their separate homerooms. "Is North going to be late?" Sang asked Luke as they sat down to wait for him.

"Possibly Sugar. He was talking to Doc. Don't worry, he'll make it to his first class in time." Luke looked up from his phone and grinned. "Love today's KMB dress, Sang. You look gorgeous." Luke broke off speaking, and looked at Sang in disbelief when her name was called over the PA system.

"Oh, you are kidding! He is an idiot. Why would he do this?" Luke hissed, his eyes darkening.

They both sat there debating whether or not to ignore the summons when the teacher became impatient and ordered Sang to get moving, only to try and argue with Luke when he also rose slowly. "I'm going too."Luke declared, totally ignoring Mr Ferguson's spluttering as he stalked out with Sang.