Chapter Seventeen. The Manuscript.

After a relaxing bath late that afternoon, Sang stood in front of Sean's bookshelf idly looking through the books.  Suddenly her eyes widened as she spotted a title.  Sang took the book carefully from the shelf and sank speechless onto the lounge.

Walking in from the kitchen Sean and Kota looked at her sitting there with her eyes wide, as she continuously stroked her hand down the cover of the book.

"Are you okay Sang?"  Kota asked quietly, causing everyone else to focus on her suddenly.

Sang closed her eyes and sighed.  "Want some mystery in your lives, guys?" she asked quietly rolling her neck as she spoke.

"Fuck," Gabe snorted "like we don't have enough of that Trouble!" ducking North's outstretched hand as he spoke.

"What are you talking about, Sang Baby?" North asked quickly looking at her intently.

Sang held up the book "Do you know what this is?"

"Cupcake, it's a book.  A brilliant one, I admit, but still a book."  Luke smirked.

Sang grinned suddenly.  "Did you like it, Luke?"

"We all loved it Princess.  I remember when it came out we argued who got it next to read.  We ended up ordering more copies."

"Yeah.  Doc tried to tell us to take turns.  Didn't work out so well.  Remember Kota?"  Nate chimed in.  "I still like the movies better though."  he added. 

"Ignore Mr Griffin, Miss Sorenson.  He is a philistine at times.  Books are always far superior to films.  They give so much more detail.  Now, please enlighten us at to what the significance of that particular book has.  We're all curious."  Mr. Blackbourne requested, thinking to himself nothing would surprise him now.

"Grampa and Grammy wrote it.  It's the second in a trilogy of books."  Sang announced as she looked around the room.  "Look at the names on the cover."  she continued, as everyone's eyes bugged out. 

Mr. Blackbourne just stared.  He really needed to revise his thinking because Sang had shocked him once again with a single sentence.

"A trilogy, Pookie.  Are you sure?"  Sean finally asked when he managed to start thinking again.

"Positive. They designed the books so that questions were left, but it didn't really matter if they weren't answered."

Kota took the book Sang held out to him. "George and Mary Childe. A Place for Hope." he read aloud and then stared at Sang. "George and Mary Childe." he repeated clearly, starting to smile at Sang.  "They were so clever, Sang."  he said quietly.  "It's a pity they never managed to write the last one. I am sorry."

"Oh they did, Kota."  Sang promptly announced, to everyone's shock.  "There's a manuscript hidden somewhere.  I know it was finished.  I just don't know where it is."

"And there's our mystery.  Where's the book?  Luke spoke loudly.  "Sang sweetie, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to go on a treasure hunt with you."  Luke grinned happily. 

"Fuck yeah.  You know what? This means a road trip."  Gabe announced, rubbing his hands and starting to plan details in his mind immediately.

"Let's talk about this, before we get in our cars and dash off to find something that we have absolutely no idea still exists, or where it could possibly be." Mr. Blackbourne frowned as several faces dropped.

"Sang.  Those novels were full of mystery and intrigue with a huge amount of espionage thrown in.  How did they work it all out?  Everything was plausible.  Everything." Victor asked curiously.