Chapter Thirty-seven. Preparations.

Sang sat outside in the garden early in the morning, just before the Summer Solstice. She had her crystals with her and the large candle wrapped in gold cloth. It was so peaceful, she thought as she carefully unwrapped her crystals and facing east cleared her mind and started to relax.

Looking through the kitchen window an hour later, Mr Blackbourne, Kota and Victor watched as Sang opened her eyes with a soft smile and put away her crystals.

"Princess really does look relaxed and content. I don't understand those crystals but they certainly don't do her any harm." Victor smiled, as Sang unfolded the cloth from around the candle, picked up what looked like a small tool and began to carve.

"I agree, Mr. Morgan. What time did Sang say the Ritual she wished to perform tomorrow was arranged for Mr Lee?"

"Twelve." Kota replied, as he turned and greeted Nathan and North briefly, before reaching over and pouring more coffee.

"Peanut must be planning on putting that on the dinner table. She was in the dining room the other day talking about it and looking for a particular candle holder." Nathan said, as he watched Sang carefully carve patterns on the candle, blowing away wax shavings as she went.

Satisfied Owen turned away as Sean walked in "Good morning, boyfriend." Sean smirked cheekily. "I'm so looking forward to our date later this week." He gushed, to everyone's entertainment.

"Keep it up Sean and I won't take you out at all." Owen smartly replied, with an answering spark in his eyes.

"Whoa, Mr. Blackbourne. Doc. Please. No arguments between couples allowed." Luke sniggered, watching everything with amusement.

"Oh fuck, yeah. No PDAs allowed either. It's going to be nauseating enough watching you two on the night." Gabe exclaimed, wandering in still half asleep.

"Oh come on, boys. Where's the love? I'm not feeling appreciated at all this morning." Sean sighed dramatically.

"Before this conversation degenerates any further, gentlemen, let's organise breakfast and sort out what we need for this mission. If we start today that will give us more than enough time to ensure we have all we need." Mr Blackbourne looked around the room, satisfied when all the boys nodded their heads, only to roll his eyes when Sean butted in.

"Oh, are you a bit out of sorts today, Owen? Do you need a hug?" He enquired pseudo-solicitously.

"Who needs a hug?" Sang asked, as she walked inside carrying a large bunch of roses she had cut quickly as she checked for buds to cut that evening.

"I believe I do, Miss Sorenson," the Chief butted in on the chorus from everyone, raising his eyebrow and looking a little smug as Sang put her things down and happily complied.

"Are you missing Xavier, Mr Blackbourne?" Sang asked quietly "Is that why you needed a hug?" she continued, before looking around at the scoffing noises and raising her eyebrow.

"What?" she demanded, as she glared at the boys. "Did it not occur to you that we may have left Xavier alone for too long? Besides, he has kept Mr Blackbourne company for a long time now. Of course he would miss the poor darling."

"We could Facetime Miss Jenny you know. Or skype, couldn't we? I don't like you being sad, Mr Blackbourne." Sang whispered to him, trying to think of ideas to cheer the Chief up. The boys could be so thick at times, she decided. She missed them when they weren't around. Why wouldn't Mr Blackbourne miss Xavier?

"I'm fine, Miss Sorenson. Thank you for your concern, but we'll be leaving in a few days or so. I'm sure we can manage to survive Xavier's absence until then," he said, smiling gently and still hugging Sang close.