Chapter Forty. The Mission.

This Chapter is dedicated to Isa and Lisa, who have been looking forward to this since I threw the idea at them months ago.  Thanks for suggestions and giggles along the way.

The day of the small job the boys had in Massachusetts came around quickly. No one really appeared too enthused, and each refused to admit the reason was because Sang was going with them. But, if she stayed behind the bar they figured she'd be fine and they hoped she would be too busy to be worried by crowds and strangers. Luke would be right there with her and they had scouted the place out the night before.

Sitting around the dining table finalising details Kota looked around "Okay. This is all sorted. Now, just to remind you all, what is the number one rule for missions?"

Sang, who had been playing a quick game of noughts and crosses with Sean under the table, perked up immediately. "I bet I know," she announced chirpily "It's don't get caught, isn't it?"

"NO SANG. GOD." Kota almost exploded, before taking a deep breath and sending a quick warning glance at North not to start yelling.

"It's safety first, Peanut." Nathan quickly butted in, with an eye roll and a serious look.

"Keep your hair on guys. I didn't know. I've never been on a job with all of you where I wasn't in the comms van. We didn't talk about this then." Sang huffed, before sitting up straight again. "It's got to be the second rule though, right?" She exclaimed, looking around innocently.

Mr Blackbourne sighed silently to himself and frowned at Sang's response. "Miss Sorenson, this family's safety is always our first priority. So, if you feel uncomfortable at any time during the evening you are to tell Luke immediately. Do you understand?"

Sang's eyes grew wide as she looked at him. "I've been working on that. Don't worry. I've got it all under control."

"Uh huh, and the safety first part, Princess" Victor spoke quietly "you must never forget that, okay?"

"I'm pretty sure you guys are the ones who will have to worry about personal safety, not me or Luke. We'll be safe behind the bar, unless we have to collect glasses or something." Sang grinned widely. This was going to be fun she thought. "We'll be perfectly fine. You gave us those little ear gizmos and the nifty remote thingys if we need to talk. I'm really excited." She continued, her leg bouncing slightly as she spoke.

Silas chuckled next to her, as he put his hand on her leg to stop the bouncing. "We can tell, Aggele. Just don't do anything that could get you arrested and everything will be fine."

"Of course not, Silas." Sang exclaimed innocently "I wouldn't dream of it" she continued, looking around in confusion when several of the guys suddenly seemed to cough and choke.

That evening, Sang looked around the club with interest. She and Luke had been working the bar for about an hour. She had settled into her role as a bar attendant comfortably and the place was filling up nicely. She had memorised all sort of cocktails with very strange names in case she was asked to make any, but so far no one had tested her ability to manage that. Although, the only real problem she thought she would have was actually reaching some of the bottles, even with the small heels she was wearing.

Sang smiled happily as she watched Gabriel, Victor, Nathan and Kota walk onto the small stage across the large room. It was more like a really large balcony, she thought, as she surveyed the club again. It had lots of alcoves and booths, and different levels of seating all over the place. The lighting was almost seductive to her mind. She had noticed when Sean and Mr Blackbourne had walked in and claimed an alcove off to the side of the stage the boys were going to play from.