Chapter Twelve. Therapy.

Hi all, this is just a bonus chapter that I threw in after requests for more Mr Xavier.  It's not really relevant to the story at this point, but later on you'll see what came about because I wrote this.  You'll know where when you read it.  I hope you enjoy.

Owen drove his car down the leafy street and stopped outside a charming two storey residence.

"Well this isn't quite what I expected." He murmured softly, turning to look at his companion.

"What were you expecting, Mr Blackbourne? I think it's quite lovely. But then l've never seen a therapist before so I don't know what to expect." Sang said looking out the window, and inspecting everything from the garden to the knocker on the front door.

"Don't worry Miss Sorenson. I sent a dossier ahead of us. It was very complex. I didn't think you would mind, but the boys helped me with all the details."

God knows, they have suffered as much as I have recently. He thought to himself, as he walked around the car to open the door for her.

Walking inside they were greeted at reception by the doctor himself. Owen felt a twinge of discomfort to see the doctor appeared to be only in his mid to late twenties. The twinge grew exponentially when he saw the man smile rather too warmly down at Miss Sorenson. His face remained blank but his eyes immediately went a hard steel grey.

Something told him this would be their first and last visit to this particular therapist and he watched closely, nostrils flaring slightly, as he saw this Dr Jones bend down in a rather too solicitous manner and put his hand on Miss Sorenson's back to guide her into his .... Office?

Owen's eyes narrowed as he looked around. It's looks more like a waiting room at a bordello, he sniffed to himself, remembering the mission Sean and he had been on two years earlier in just such a place. God he hoped the lounge was clean, he thought as he quickly placed himself next to Miss Sorenson, leaving only the armchair for the doctor. Judging by the sheep's eyes the fool was making at her they would be lucky to last the full 30 minutes.

At it turned out they lasted exactly 6 minutes and 32 seconds before all hell broke loose and he needed to escort an extremely upset young lady to his car, who was vowing never to darken the doorway of that horrible man ever again and she didn't care what the boys said about the need for therapy. Owen could only agree with her.

......

Sitting in the car with my Darling I pondered on her sweetness. It really was most kind of her to offer to go with Owen as he attended therapy for the first time.

It had been apparent to me for an age that Owen needed help, as I remembered back to the time he had offered me tuna instead of red salmon. He knew my preferences quite well after all.

I pondered the possibility that he may be suffering something serious. I really did hope not. It took forever to train him. I couldn't imagine having to go to the inconvenience of training a new human male to my ways. Even as inconsequential my needs were.

I look around with as much interest as my darling Sang as we approach the door and I scan the plaque beside it. J E H Jones, DVM. Pet Therapist. Hmm, I think, well I hope that is enough education to help the poor man. After all, my Precious seems a little fond of Owen and I wouldn't want her upset in any way. I believe I'd rather lose my whiskers than have that happen.

I began to listen to this doctor talk to my Sweet and it occurs to me that he is paying rather too much attention to her, when surely he should be talking to the patient. I look across at Owen and see he is glaring at the man.

Well yes, Owen, you're the patient here. You need to take control of the situation. I really don't understand his problem. He likes to think he's in charge and when I let him take the lead what happens! A plebeian fool starts making a move on my Darling. That's what!!!!

I feel my tail twitch uncontrollably and Sang immediately reassures me with a most delightful cuddle, and as she caresses my ears gently I give a little purr to express my appreciation of her love.

I listen as sweet Sang explains that Owen doesn't feel comfortable around many people and gets anxious when he's not with his loved ones. I actually feel quite sorry for him. I know how I feel if I can't visit my own love often. Which is to say all day, every day. But I try to understand that she has many demands on her time, as do I, and we make the most of the time we can spend together.

Suddenly that hideous man, with the most disgusting aftershave, reaches towards Sang and touches her arm smiling at her. My eyes widen to scare him away and I allow a small warning to pass through my teeth. To no avail. I add a small warning flick of my tail when I hear Owen talking gently, even though I note his eyes are narrowed. 'Sweetheart, you need to put Xavier down, darling, so that Dr Jones can make an assessment of the situation.'

SWEETHEART. DARLING. Are you trying to cut ME out with sweet Sang, Owen!!!

Now, I'm not ashamed to say that I lost my usually happy, placid demeanour at his words but when that idiot doctor tried to take me from my Sang....Well, let's just say fifteen stitches overall isn't too bad. He will recover just fine, I'm sure. Not that I care, and I really don't understand why he raised his voice. How uncouth of him to do so. He was the one to attack first, I thought. I merely defended my Love and myself, I reasoned as I comforted my sweet Sang.

Although I do wonder why Owen is trying not to smile as we drive back to my house.

------------------
Okay I tossed this one in here because you liked it.  If you want the bonus chapter of Mr Xavier thoughts on meeting the love of his life let me know.